Thankfully, this will be mostly hidden down in the canyon bottom once everything gets built out. Hopefully the spandrel/mullion treatment doesn't re-appear in phases two through 5. It definitely won't in the office component of the project.
Yup it will be hidden, amongst the sea of other trash buildings we keep putting up along our waterfront.

Okays...I'll take you folks word for it then. And hold my eyes away until they hopefully put up something that looks prettier.

A couple of pictures I took on a walk this morning. Finger got in the way for one :)

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2063.jpeg

Render, for comparison. Hopefully the rest of the cladding will draw they eyes away from the mullion-fest.
Issue: the first few floors are usually what the typical pedestrian can usually see without changing the angle of their heads.

Cheap podium cladding = diminished streetscape.

Following on from AoD's points above. Looking back at the plans on previous pages you can clearly see that window wall with lower-third mullions was always specced for the podium of phases 1 and 3. Thankfully there's plenty of curtain wall to still look forward to on phase 2.
TBH, I am more dismayed at the uneven mullion spacing than anything else.

^ Agreed, but I was referring to the ground-floor cladding, which appears to be more interesting curved metal along with curtain/retail quality glazing, drawing the eyes away from the window-wall directly above it.

They went to a lot of trouble to conceal it in their renderings. But then other than Four Seasons and the Ritz, not many have bothered to use nice glass on their buildings here.

B7BC9D0B-9F8A-43F9-927E-5CECE7F57DCC.jpeg

Back