I'm not sure I like this business of, "Oh look...this is where the poor folks live!" though. So sticking them with crap materials in that everyone else can point their fingers at reeks of classism that we should have long gotten over by now. /bleh

I'm not sure I like this business of, "Oh look...this is where the poor folks live!" though. So sticking them with crap materials in that everyone else can point their fingers at reeks of classism that we should have long gotten over by now. /bleh

To be fair, this material is par the course for Pinnacle even for the market component.

AoD

On both the plans and the renderings it looks like they're going to continue a clear band of glass with an aluminium handrail around the side of the building which would line up with that transom. If they execute that detail I don't think it would look any different if it were a piece of curtainwall or a piece of windowwall behind the band.

And it looks like the face of the slab is double thick in that area, as well. That makes me think they are in fact going to go with that band, which is why they'd need the extra concrete to have a place to attach it.

To be fair, this material is par the course for Pinnacle even for the market component.

AoD
Welp...we shall see, whether this is on par for the course or targeted materials for residence types. Either way though, this doesn't bode well for this project at all.

Update on the Community Centre coming to Executive Committee next week. See; http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.EX15.13

5. City Council authorize the following adjustments to the Parks, Forestry and Recreation's 2020 Council Approved Capital Budget and 2021-2029 Capital Plan for the Lower Yonge Street Community Recreation Centre Space sub-project, in the Community Centre project:

a. City Council authorize the City of Toronto to enter into, and the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation to execute on behalf of the City, a Construction Management Agreement with Pinnacle International Limited for the construction of the Lower Yonge Street Community Recreation Centre, on terms and conditions deemed necessary and appropriate by the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation and the City Solicitor, and in accordance with City policies applicable to capital projects;

b. City Council authorize the City of Toronto to enter into, and the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation to execute on behalf of the City any other ancillary agreements necessary to complete construction on the Community Recreation Centre, on terms and conditions satisfactory to the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation and the City Solicitor;

c. City Council approve an amendment to the Parks, Forestry and Recreation's 2020 Council Approved Capital Budget and 2021-2029 Capital Plan for the Lower Yonge Street Community Recreation Centre Space sub-project, in the Community Centre project, in the amount of $0.500 million, increasing the total project cost from $17.500 million to $18.000 million, with cash flow commitments in 2021, fully funded by Development Charges (XR2114); and

d. City Council advance the Lower Yonge Community Recreation Centre Space by authorizing the General Manager, Parks Forestry and Recreation to transfer up to $18.000 million from the Parks, Forestry and Recreation's 2020 Council Approved Capital Budget and 2021-2029 Capital Plan from the Lower Yonge Street Community Recreation Centre sub-project, subject to entering into an agreement with Pinnacle International Limited, to that entity to fund the City's agreed cash portion for the development of the Lower Yonge Street Community Recreation Centre Space.

Oh come on, it's really doubtful that any of the people living in the market or affordable units (and most people walking past) will have the faintest idea which glass is cheap.

Oh come on, it's really doubtful that any of the people living in the market or affordable units (and most people walking past) will have the faintest idea which glass is cheap.
That is, until it shatters and rains down on the streets below.

To be fair though, it can happen with quality glass as well.

8EC6725C-5325-4F36-AA61-04D56872E4E5.jpeg

However true that maybe, the principle of the thing still stands as far as I am concerned.

It’s really not that bad, look at some other buildings built in recent times that are truly a dogs breakfast. Then compare.

I don't think any of us here are claiming it's the worst. Just a big disappointment from what it could have been.

Does anyone know when the excavation on the 95 storeys tower is going to commence ? That is if all the shoring has been completely done !

Back