They've excavated so much, but still one more level or so to go.
I would say they are just at the top of P5 and they need to go down to P6. So 1.75 floors to go. If you see on on the west side there is a large area that has plywood that is the loading dock opening for phase 2 on Parking level P2

I would say they are just at the top of P5 and they need to go down to P6. So 1.75 floors to go. If you see on on the west side there is a large area that has plywood that is the loading dock opening for phase 2 on Parking level P2
Yes, they still need to excavate P6. To clarify I meant one more level plus some as it's not very definitive how deep they've gone in relation to the existing structure. Certainly portions of P5 are exposed.

Yes, they still need to excavate P6. To clarify I meant one more level plus some as it's not very definitive how deep they've gone in relation to the existing structure. Certainly portions of P5 are exposed.
The existing phase 1 is 6 floors along with a lower P6 area. The lower P6 was on the east mid side of phase 1. Phase 2 only has 6 parking levels and does not have the lower P6

...Yeah, it is a shame we're losing The Star building
Even if they did something like what was done with the Yonge-Sheppard Centre, in terms of cladding the concrete while keeping the shape intact, would be better than what they have planned. But nope, instead it gets turned into yet another generic glass box cus lol it's Toronto.

I’m thinking they are at the 46th floor, working on walls and columns for the 47th.
45AFB7A5-5BCA-4F98-8961-DED6DE247C70.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe not a row of tie backs since they are in the bedrock but it looks like one more level down compare to the previous phase?
I guess just some shoring and water proofing.
Compared to Nov 2018
View attachment 314503

View attachment 314505
My heart skipped for a second - I thought this was the supertall and they managed to bottom out AND install the crane AND build the layer of concrete all between last night when I saw the updates and this evening.

Just so I understand here: the 65 storey tower (The Prestige?) is what’s being built currently. They’re shoring for the 80 storey one (Tower 2?) and the tallest tower (95 storeys, SkyTower) is in sales and has yet to start construction?

Just so I understand here: the 65 storey tower (The Prestige?) is what’s being built currently. They’re shoring for the 80 storey one (Tower 2?) and the tallest tower (95 storeys, SkyTower) is in sales and has yet to start construction?
2nd tower/phase is the tallest tower (SkyTower) and they’re currently shoring for it.

Oh - I see. Thank you for the correction! Are doing sales for the 80 storey one? Or are they waiting until the 95 storey one is built?

Edit: Sales have not started for 80 storey tower.
What i predict in my crystal ball is you will see construction for phase 4/5 Commercial before you see excavation for phase 3. I had heard that they want to dig phase 2 and 3 at the same time but I guess things change

Last edited:

Back