AFECD8BD-C6AE-45E2-A3D3-49B5318FF20C.jpeg

Another snap from the island this weekend. Nice extension of the skyline eastwards

View attachment 343453

Yeah, I just wish we had some taller ones on the west side.

Seeing as that's the shortest of the 3 buildings at this project, and it's looking pretty tall, the Skytower is sure to really stand out.

Last edited:
Once the Concord Canada House is built it will help create a new peak on the west side. The height will be 231.97 m and 202.97 m. They're still on the podium but by next summer we may start to see it pop up in that view from the island.

Once the Concord Canada House is built it will help create a new peak on the west side. The height will be 231.97 m and 202.97 m. They're still on the podium but by next summer we may start to see it pop up in that view from the island.
160 Front will probably rise faster and it's taller than the taller Canada House. But I guess it depends on one's definition of 'west side' - 160 Front is still east of CN Tower, although it's west of the traditional financial district towers.

If past hints are true and HPA's 11 Bay (270m) becomes the next office project to start, it will really also dominate this view (thanks in part to its proximity to the waterfront).

As Rascacielo mentioned earlier, eventually the east of Yonge waterfront view from the Island(s) will be insane. At present, tourists can be forgiven for thinking Harbour Plaza is the tallest building in the city ;-).

If past hints are true and HPA's 11 Bay (270m) becomes the next office project to start, it will really also dominate this view (thanks in part to its proximity to the waterfront).

As Rascacielo mentioned earlier, eventually the east of Yonge waterfront view from the Island(s) will be insane. At present, tourists can be forgiven for thinking Harbour Plaza is the tallest building in the city ;-).
The east side will for sure win the height race vs the west side, but the skyline there will be 'thinner'. There's hardly anything proposed over 150 m on the east side south of the Gardiner, and it's unlikely to change. The west side's skyline is deeper, thanks to the Entertainment District.

When I said 'east side', I'm really talking about downtown south of Dundas. There are towers taller than 150 m on/around Bloor East, but they're too far from the waterfront to make a significant impact on the classic skyline view from Polson Pier / The Islands.

Back