Well, that's certainly different. Cutting down on the density but on the other hand the buildings have a bit more breathing room. Wonder what the finishes would look like. How tall in terms of feet is the 95 story one?

Hope this project doesn't get watered down further! Still sounds great but would have been better with the density originally proposed.

The design of the 95s tower looks interesting, but the way some of the elements just "juts" into the otherwise smooth line shocks. The shortest residential tower is utterly forgettable.

AoD

Not a fan of the loss of density on this site.

If you guys want breathing space for towers, there is literally the entire rest of the city for that. This is Lower Yonge, next to the Financial District.

its bootiful. lets build this and in the new renders what is the taller tower on the left of the tallest tower of this project?

I love these new renders! I always thought the density was too high in the previous proposal so I'm glad to see its been adjusted a bit. Love the tallest tower, really love it. And that park would be so great surrounded by beautiful towers like that!

While the old render had some interesting forms, it was too dense imo as well. I like where they went with the step downs to the water, and I like the more varied forms and massing of the new iteration. As much as I love love love tall towers, at some point my pragmatic side asks whether it would provide for as high a quality of life, and I have to admit it likely would not. Plus we still get a few tall towers here and it looks more like a pleasant place to live as well.

its bootiful. lets build this and in the new renders what is the taller tower on the left of the tallest tower of this project?

It's Bay Park Centre

Not a fan of the loss of density on this site.

If you guys want breathing space for towers, there is literally the entire rest of the city for that. This is Lower Yonge, next to the Financial District.

What does this being next to the Financial District have anything to do with the density that was proposed? It was well beyond reason for building a great community. This is Toronto. We don't have defined densities caps here. We barely have zoning. Allowing the original proposal here would just set the precedence for all neighbouring properties to consider the same. It would be a disasterous case of hyper density right next to the waterfront.

Okay, we have the images from the last WT DRP review of 1-7 Yonge, so there's a new front page story up here.

Is there some sort of hidden bylaw that bans anything except blue glass south of Front street? There is way too much of it in this area already, and this developer intents to further contribute to the monotomy that is South Core.

Screen shot 2015-12-22 at 10.10.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-22 at 10.10.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-22 at 10.10.23 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,905

Back