Anyone else notice that the Westin Convention Center building is in the render? No surprise, as to my knowledge there aren't any real plans to demo it. But still, that's a nice little parcel of land, and getting rid of the atrocity currently sitting on it would be a positive almost regardless of what replaces it.

I thought they were going to be painting a mural or something of that nature along the Bay St side.

Anyone else notice that the Westin Convention Center building is in the render? No surprise, as to my knowledge there aren't any real plans to demo it. But still, that's a nice little parcel of land, and getting rid of the atrocity currently sitting on it would be a positive almost regardless of what replaces it.

Yeah, prettty dull around there,
there has been on and off rumours through out the years of them razing it for a tower

From the WT CEO's report to the Board meeting on 18 February:

Lower Yonge Precinct
The City of Toronto and Waterfront Toronto are working with the landowner of One Yonge Street to make revisions to site plan applications in order to reflect recommendations from the Lower Yonge Urban Design Report that was brought to Council last summer. The Lower Yonge Transportation Master Plan will be brought forward to Council shortly to seek endorsement for the infrastructure proposals including the extension of Harbour Street from Yonge to Jarvis, addition of a new north-south local street west of Jarvis and potential extension of Cooper/Church Street underneath the rail corridor. Waterfront Toronto is currently in the process of procuring a consultant team to undertake the next phase of transportation analysis as part of a Municipal Class EA.

Projects like this have me excited. When they are complete, it will be like a brand new part of the city has opened up, like a new amusement park ride. :D

including the extension of Harbour Street from Yonge to Jarvis, addition of a new north-south local street west of Jarvis and potential extension of Cooper/Church Street underneath the rail corridor.

Good plan! I have been hoping for years that Church and Cooper will someday be connected.

From the Public Works and Transportation committee Feb 23, 2015:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/pw/bgrd/backgroundfile-76128.pdf

Among many other things:
The future East Bayfront Light Rail Line (LRT) is planned to run along Queens
Quay at the southern edge of the study area. This LRT line will extend from the
Lower Don Lands in the east, along Queens Quay, and then connecting to an
underground tunnel just west of Yonge Street, before heading north to Union
Station under Bay Street. This LRT, together with the new pedestrian - friendly
streets, would greatly expand the transit accessibility of the study area.

Last edited:
Here's something to chew on, from Pinnacle's revised second submission in December 2014. No new renderings yet. Discussion continue between the parties, nothing is set in stone yet.

The Particulars
1YongeSitePln960.jpg

Site Plan
1YongeShadows960.jpg

West Elevation
1YongeElevW960.jpg

East Elevation
1YongeElevE960.jpg

Attachments

• 1YongeElevE960.jpg
    1YongeElevE960.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 3,267
  • 1YongeElevW960.jpg
    1YongeElevW960.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 2,164
  • 1YongeShadows960.jpg
    1YongeShadows960.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 2,182
  • 1YongeSitePln960.jpg
    1YongeSitePln960.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 3,255
Well this is a shame. Their centre-piece tower is gone. Liked that one the most. But maybe these others will be decent.

The 96 storey tower looks to be 96 storeys and 303m, no?

Plus, the sweeping curved podium is gone too!

Last edited:
Jeeze, another tower over 300m :cool: I'm just afraid the podium is gonna be really watered down based from the elevation drawings. That was probably my favourite feature of this project.

haha thanks. I was attempting to be funny when a forum member posted the following question: how tall is the 96 storey tower?

He subsequently has deleted his post. And I got my math wrong and failed at being funny.. Long week lol. I made myself smile nonetheless :)

Back