Thank you so much for the video Steveve.
I want to see 1 Yonge in our skyline so much and i am relieved that there is an agreement with the OMB and the city.
The 3 buildings will be so pretty that i cannot hide my feeling.
I am glad Hariri Pontarini is the main architects of the project.
Do someone know when the phase 1 will go to sales ?
Thank you in advance for your answer and your understanding .
:cool:

The design has changed pretty significantly since that video (taken last October) was shot.

I know the design changed but i trust Hariri Pontarini a lot.
For me they are the best architects in Toronto and most of their projects are awesome.
So i bet they will do a great job.
The only thing that am sure had not change in this project is the phase 1.
And i hope we will not have to wait another 5 years to see the beginning of the sales.

Until we hear from Pinnacle, there's no telling exactly when marketing will begin for the first of the buildings, but I would personally be surprised if didn't happen before the end of 2017.

Until we hear from Pinnacle, there's no telling exactly when marketing will begin for the first of the buildings, but I would personally be surprised if didn't happen before the end of 2017.

Thank you for the information.

We rec'd this today.

IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1877.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited by a moderator:
This project keeps getting worse.
It looks like 90 storey pile of condos with an ugly 'S' curve slapped on the front.
The design is phoned in and value engineered for maximum profit. Embarrassing.

This project keeps getting worse.
It looks like 90 storey pile of condos with an ugly 'S' curve slapped on the front.
The design is phoned in and value engineered for maximum profit. Embarrassing.

The design has changed pretty significantly since that video (taken last October) was shot.

It's also Pinnacle . Any changes doesn't inspired confidence that we'll see something better come of it. Next could be some bastardized international design by P+S/IBI at a shorter height to boot.

I like the height of that tower:cool:

Here is David Pontarini speaking recently at CTBUH. The video includes case studies for One Bloor, The Well, and 1 Yonge which are all very interesting (1 Yonge segment is at the latter half of the video). There are a few new renderings included in the presentation that I had not seen before (including massing models and various prototypes). I screengrabbed one of them:

33907462051_1337cf0dbd_b.jpg

Full video/source here:

I hope this gets done, it seems like a game-changer.

Does the entire north part of this development share a common foundation? If so, this will be a massive construction site when the first tower starts construction.

Back