Does anyone know starting from which floor ( sky tower) can have the lake view and are not blocked by the building in front ( Toronto star building) thanks!

Yes and Yes. Sky Tower's underground parking is currently under construction.
Do you know how many building will be in front of sky tower and how tall are them? ( I heard that there will be another commercial building beside of the Toronto star but every source have different answers in terms of which floor should I purchase in sky tower to have the view of lake Ontario and not being blocked)

Do you know how many building will be in front of sky tower and how tall are them? ( I heard that there will be another commercial building beside of the Toronto star but every source have different answers in terms of which floor should I purchase in sky tower to have the view of lake Ontario and not being blocked)
To be safe I'd purchase the GPH.

Not entirely sure, sorry!

Phase 5 building that is in front of SkyTower will be around 171 meters, Phase 4 which is just East of of Phase 5 will be around 120 meters.

Some photos Jan 22nd 2022
079910A4-A90C-4E8D-A8CC-B68EA8B0F459.jpeg
969FC124-B47A-4CE7-831C-6704030AB342.jpeg
A3648991-F012-40FA-9DB4-BA11EC5600AF.jpeg

I'm honestly still just a bit disappointed in the redesign here.
The updated design looks more like the older one than it appears - the renderings are in different lighting making the new one look 'cheaper'. The real proof would be in the actual material.
The balconies are definitely bolder and whitened (and wider in Sky Tower) making the buildings more Toronto-esque.

I still think these will look great on the skyline. We can lament all day over new renders, but this will ultimately come down to materials, and the execution of Phase 1 gives me hope.

EDIT: seems as though I used an even older render of Sky Tower. @emphur is correct, the balconies are essentially unchanged besides the whitening.
View attachment 367829View attachment 367828
It's not even the presence of extra balconies, but I the change in shape and design.

I was really looking forward to SkyTower as previously planned. I thought, wow, that will be a beauty on the skyline given its size and proximity to the water.

It feels like it got kind of neutered. Although, it certainly does feel now more "Toronto-esque"... maybe in time I will learn to appreciate them more, but it truly feels like something was lost... all three towers don't look as nice as they did in the previous design.

Before I would compare the SkyTower with The One and I was more excited about SkyTower... now? I might be more excited about The One.

I'm honestly still just a bit disappointed in the redesign here.

It's not even the presence of extra balconies, but I the change in shape and design.

I was really looking forward to SkyTower as previously planned. I thought, wow, that will be a beauty on the skyline given its size and proximity to the water.

It feels like it got kind of neutered. Although, it certainly does feel now more "Toronto-esque"... maybe in time I will learn to appreciate them more, but it truly feels like something was lost... all three towers don't look as nice as they did in the previous design.

Before I would compare the SkyTower with The One and I was more excited about SkyTower... now? I might be more excited about The One.

Most of what Toronto builds isn't visually appealing. For self preservation's sake, it's best just to concentrate on the high-rises Toronto builds each year that add beauty to the city. There's almost always 3-4 that go up each year like that. The rest range from inoffensive to awful. This one falls squarely under 'inoffensive'. It's not very nice but it's not ugly either.

Things gradually improve too. We're seeing far more buildings like 19 Duncan than we used to. Perhaps in a few years, we'll get 5-10 good looking high rises each year.

Last edited:

Back