You know, I've been observing this thread, as I am wont to do.........and i feel like members here haven't had enough to talk about lately..........so let me remedy that........... ;)

There's a new application for this site. Yes, you read that right...............

View attachment 437192

New to the AIC, an app to increase the permitted height of Phase 2/3 by 10 and 12 storeys from 95 storeys to 105 storeys and from 80 storeys to 92 storeys.

If I didn't flag this @Miss J I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it, LOL @3Dementia may also be particularly interested.

Oh............and from the Docs:

View attachment 437193

View attachment 437194

View attachment 437195
View attachment 437196

View attachment 437198
Ha ha! Thanks so much, Northern Light! This is exciting news! If this gets approved, it'll be amazing for this site! It's a great surprise for us all this morning. Thanks for posting this! 😀

Is this because (or least what I am perceiving) that they're taking advantage of the climate where the province is leaning on The City to do something about density and housing?

...I mean this seems to be a bold move after years of futzing over the final height to get this originally approved. Or is this one of those correlation does not mean causation things, as Mizrahi has been requesting a similar storied increase for The One for awhile now.

Am I also to assume with the current building in dispute here that construction of it will continue while Pinnacle awaits for a decision on this?

...and wow, that's starting to reach for Chitown heights! 🙀

Another supertall for Toronto! 👏

Tallest might become 346.35 metres, with phase 3 possibly being 306 metres... I'm not sure where that 322.2 number comes from?

The tallest increases 33.85 metres, consistant with a 10 floor height increase. Phase 3 increases 42.3 metres, also consistant with a 12 floor height increase.

Last edited:
Another supertall for Toronto! 👏

Tallest might become 346.35 metres, with phase 3 possibly being 306 metres... I'm not sure where that 322.2 number comes from?
I was just looking at that number too Lol! It should probably read 280m or more. If the calculations are at 12 storeys × 3m = 36m on top of 244.4 m I think?

Correction, what is considered the actual height of the building? 328.5m or 346.35m??
CTBUH would list this as 346.35m because the "parapet" is the architectural top of the building. Full stop. Roof height is not an issue with CTBUH.

So 346.35m would be the height (though discussions will continue lol).

P.S. the 306m "parapet" proposed for Phase 3 also means a new super-tall for the city.

You know, I've been observing this thread, as I am wont to do.........and i feel like members here haven't had enough to talk about lately..........so let me remedy that........... ;)

There's a new application for this site. Yes, you read that right...............

View attachment 437192

New to the AIC, an app to increase the permitted height of Phase 2/3 by 10 and 12 storeys from 95 storeys to 105 storeys and from 80 storeys to 92 storeys.

If I didn't flag this @Miss J I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it, LOL @3Dementia may also be particularly interested.

Oh............and from the Docs:

View attachment 437193

View attachment 437194

View attachment 437195
View attachment 437196

View attachment 437198

@interchange42 time for an update to the thread title??

This is huge news!! Also, wonder if Mizrahi is thinking of adding a 10m tall "architectural spire" to the top of his most recent proposal to retain the tallest crown!

Last edited:
Still think I'm in the minority here but I still quite dislike the design of this development as a whole. The towers look like just about everything else in south core except taller. Think this new application could have been a good opportunity to make them look a little bit more interesting, but I guess that is difficult for phase 2 at least given it's already under construction.

@interchange42 time for an update to the thread title??

This is huge news!! Also, wonder if Mizrahi is thinking of adding a 10m tall "architectural spire" to the top of his most recent proposal to retain the tallest crown!
1667676761419.png

Back