A larger version of the new render via HP:

View attachment 437633

The big question I want answered is what plantings do you have planned for that jardin du ciel™ about 330 or 340 metres up ... and will it include an evergreen spire to round this off at an even 350 metres?

Assumes HPA has wisely retained you to submit wind/weather/elevation tolerant gardens. :)

"Be sure to visit SkyGardens at SkyTower weather permitting".

The big question I want answered is what plantings do you have planned for that jardin du ciel™ about 330 or 340 metres up ... and will it include an evergreen spire to round this off at an even 350 metres?

Assumes HPA has wisely retained you to submit wind/weather/elevation tolerant gardens. :)

"Be sure to visit SkyGardens at SkyTower weather permitting".

I don't actually work in the industry, so am not available to be retained; though I do know a lot of the players.

I actually wonder what one might choose to grow at that elevation here.

Ontario does have points that high, higher if you're simply looking at Sea Level elevation. Would one choose the plants native to Maple Mountain? (Ontario's highest vertical rise at 351m) or the Ishpatina Ridge which which is the highest overall elevation at 693M above sea level?

Both can be found in Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Provincial Park which is about 100km north-east of Sudbury:

1667850588290.png

Maple Mountain:

1667850660413.png

Sourced from here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...4/Maple_Mountain.jpg/272px-Maple_Mountain.jpg

Credit to Savelli79 on Flickr

Last edited:
Do we know what the timeline for approval is for this and the One? Could they theoretically be approved at the same meeting? (That would be some interesting drama)

That's bizarre! I don't know much about Hamilton, but this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Having said that, there could be a new song in all this somewhere from your description. Maybe Lights come up with something?
😀
It’s more of a zoning error than anything. Those 3x50-something towers shouldn’t go there and the city knows it. The developers found a loophole in that the area is actually unzoned, and want to build something tall to capitalize on the waterfront property. The height limit itself exists to disperse development and keep projects below the height of the escarpment. Both are dubious goals but there is a reason. Realistically the city is powerless to do anything now though. The province has made their stance clear. This is off topic of course, but sheds some light on the “why’s” for new and future changes to projects we’re seeing provincewide.

Pinnacle and Mizrahi are going tit for tat- they both want to claim the tallest building in the city.

The new rendering is updated in the database. The overall phase 2 & 3 building storey count changed from 95 & 80 storeys to 105 & 92 storeys. Total height changed from 312.50m & 263.60m to 344.58m to 306.00m. The total unit count changed from 2838 units to 2313 units. Finally, the total parking space changed from 1812 parking to 1123 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission!

I'm not sure I like that tall "fencing" around top part of Phase 2. ...it's very institutional looking, like a place for inmates to be let out for smoke break when you don't want them to wander off too far. And it begs for something else to be there in it's place, IMO.

Hope they can fix that...or it will be one of those things that will look better when it's all built. But in the meantime, it's not really doing it for me. >.<

It’s more of a zoning error than anything. Those 3x50-something towers shouldn’t go there and the city knows it. The developers found a loophole in that the area is actually unzoned, and want to build something tall to capitalize on the waterfront property. The height limit itself exists to disperse development and keep projects below the height of the escarpment. Both are dubious goals but there is a reason. Realistically the city is powerless to do anything now though. The province has made their stance clear. This is off topic of course, but sheds some light on the “why’s” for new and future changes to projects we’re seeing provincewide.

Pinnacle and Mizrahi are going tit for tat- they both want to claim the tallest building in the city.
Thanks for this. What I'm wondering is if the height restrictions are now removed in areas like the downtown, midtown, and future development along the new subway lines and so forth. Or if the restrictions are just potentially eased? There's a tower on Yonge that I think was turned down this year. I forget the name, but it's on the east side of the street and just north of the new 280-meter-tall proposal on Yonge. I think they mentioned shadow issues. They might be appealing it now.

I'm wondering if tall towers can still be turned down over things like sunlight, shadow, and height. Or if developers downtown especially will be proposing towers with taller heights and if the new rules will help them get approved more easily. I'm just kind of confused about how all this will work now that the Province has changed things. Thanks. 😀

What are the chances Pinnacle will seek to introduce residential by reducing the office space on the south block after these two are built? It'll be at least another 6 years and what if they have no bites on the office space in all that time? They aren't like a pension fund developer that are already known to sit for decades on properties waiting for the right time to build office space.

I'm not sure I like that tall "fencing" around top part of Phase 2. ...it's very institutional looking, like a place for inmates to be let out for smoke break when you don't want them to wander off too far. And it begs for something else to be there in it's place, IMO.

Hope they can fix that...or it will be one of those things that will look better when it's all built. But in the meantime, it's not really doing it for me. >.<
I think the scheer drop would keep the prisoners in line lol

I get to say it again, 346M 👀 Sam Mizrahi must be back at it punching in the air

I’m almost positive that the fellow in the very dark clothing, right of centre at the bottom of the photo below, watching the spire being raised (in Red Mars’ new Court House construction shot)... is Sam Mizrahi.

Pretty sure I’ve seen him dress this way a number of times.
7013e4ed-386f-413c-9a76-f140d2fb228b_1_201_a-jpeg.437415

Red Mars

Back