Jesus some of you guys are picky. This is still a massive site and build. Personally I quite enjoy that there was a slight height increase while dealing with density concerns. The designs seem alright as well, though it will be nice to see the final versions after negotiations finish/the OMB rules on this site. Regardless this is still an incredible little project with pretty massive towers and density levels by any places standards.

I honestly don't see where the complaints about the changes are coming from when there was no way this was going to be built as proposed.

Well this is a shame. Their centre-piece tower is gone. Liked that one the most. But maybe these others will be decent.

The 96 storey tower looks to be 96 storeys and 303m, no?

Plus, the sweeping curved podium is gone too!

Yea! I liked those two buildings too. They had a lot of contour and detail to it. The facade wasn't all glass and wasn't going to be glazed in a blue green look. We needed those buildings to break the all green blue glass look in that area. Too bad!

This was a massive development that was bound to change. No surprise. The density wouldn't fly with the city as the original renders showed anyway. Sit back, relax and wait for further renders to come.
The podiums need work, but i'm sure there will be better refinements to come. This is years away before any shovel hits the ground.

Yea! I liked those two buildings too. They had a lot of contour and detail to it. The facade wasn't all glass and wasn't going to be glazed in a blue green look. We needed those buildings to break the all green blue glass look in that area. Too bad!

Maybe we'll be surprised when the next set of renderings are released, relieved by façades that do just that.

This thing is less out-and-out bizarre than it was in its original incarnation, but now it's just... incoherent and weird. What's going on with the stepped tower? What is that? A ship's funnel?

There is something hellish about the scale of these things, couples with their isolation from the rest of the neighbourhood, hived off by these big giant roads and hulking podiums that rise from the arterial like a castle's battlements rising straight up from the moat. (I'm not convinced at all that podiums like this are great for urbanism. A block-sized podium is as imposing and inhuman a building as any.)

All in all this feels like a test of the theory that if we build an arbitrary number of arbitrary-looking towers each with an arbitrary number of floors, humans with money will appear out of nowhere and pile right into them. I guess we're going to see.

I'm wondering when will a builder create a facade that's not all glass with the blue green look. Is there reason for this, or is it just a architecture fashion that's going on. I like variety of building styles.

A few buildings with green or blue or grey glass is nice. A whole clump of them from Bathurst St to Parliament St that completely obscures the Financial District, and gems that were once quite visible from the lake, is not so nice.

It just looks like most Asian cities when that happens. Or Vancouver. Same thing.

I like glass towers. But glass does come in a variety of colours. It would be nice to see more of a variety, it was joked a page back or so thst they could be pink. Pink or purple would actually be really nice. A dark cobalt violet would be amazing. But I won't hold my breath.

Interesting to see this evolve! I wonder if the medium sized theatre is still being considered?

I prefer the old plan but lets see the next renders...
It seems like half the job of Toronto planners is simply returning proposals and insisting they cut off a few stories.

I prefer the old plan but lets see the next renders...
It seems like half the job of Toronto planners is simply returning proposals and insisting they cut off a few stories.

It prefer the old plan too. All they half to do is to keep the look of the buildings but scale them down.

This thing is less out-and-out bizarre than it was in its original incarnation, but now it's just... incoherent and weird. What's going on with the stepped tower? What is that?

I see where you're coming from, I too personally prefer the massing of the initial plan and how those towers interacted with each other.
Thankfully, this is very preliminary, and actually looks less detailed/refined as the original. The buildings lack the details you'd expect from a full fledged design. I doubt we'll get official renders with this current iteration.

Give em time to work out the details. This is a clean slate of a site (a very large one too) so they've got a lot of room to work with and a lot of time to work out the details.

Here are the development docs
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3307989

There is a second option if Lakeshore is re-aligned and they can purchase more property

16641518038_a586ab7b0f_c.jpg

16803209076_1724cb894d_o.png

Attachments

• 16641518038_a586ab7b0f_c.jpg
    16641518038_a586ab7b0f_c.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 2,883
  • 16803209076_1724cb894d_o.png
    16803209076_1724cb894d_o.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,876

Back