Since SkyTower occupies the northern portion of the podium.... and if it does top out at 105 storeys... I'm very concerned that it will shadow the Gardiner Expressway on March 18 @ 1:53 pm.

20230418_111653-jpg.470202

wmedia

I've noticed that when someone jokes about/talks about/ sarcastically mentions the city in regard to having any control over anything in any way, someone always needs to chime in as if the original poster was serious.
Maybe we should introduce a mandatory laughing emoji or something to show intent for jokes or sarcasm.
🤪😜
Off topically/meta'lly: I really don't think the Poe's Law defense should really cut it in the opinion, especially after the fact. Either clearly state it's joking off the bat, with or without the emoji...or it's declared open season on the claim and the poster has to own it. No getting out of jail free card here.

This tower is a far less successful, timid copy of 1 Bloor East. That tower has elegant facade curves formed by balcony sies and colour change, that are replicated in the podium levels and window walls on Yonge. I never get tired of looking at 1 Bloor East.

Attachments

• One Bloor East Toronto.jpg
    One Bloor East Toronto.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Toronto Christmas 2020-37 Bloor St.jpg
    Toronto Christmas 2020-37 Bloor St.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1 Bloor St East Condos 01.jpg
    1 Bloor St East Condos 01.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 43
  • Toronto Bloor St  Yonge St7.jpg
    Toronto Bloor St Yonge St7.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 42
This tower is a far less successful, timid copy of 1 Bloor East. That tower has elegant facade curves formed by balcony sies and colour change, that are replicated in the podium levels and window walls on Yonge. I never get tired of looking at 1 Bloor East.

Weird that you can tell without it being erected/clad yet 😅

The newest streetwalls are emerging and now that I see this ‘new’ street from this angle the BMO at the corner of Freeland and whatever this is called makes total sense as does the Farmboy location as this will soon be a major street. Pix taken 9 May.
E688E215-A2B1-4CDF-BBBC-6E9BCAF92853.jpeg
621BE6AA-B851-4863-996B-B31BC79CAD6F.jpeg
368C61E7-6A1D-49AF-89F1-676656B5AF49.jpeg

Back