Frankly I'm just tired of all this down-beaten pessimism for literally any project that hasn't even broken ground. We're already pleasantly surprised by the quality so far. Seems like half the posts in here are just nay-sayers and Toronto-bashers. 🤷🏻‍♂️
in my defense, im a pretty optimistic guy, but sometimes having a bad day can lower my optimism and i guess that's what happened when i made that comment. ;)

Another fun little photoshop experiment, here's One Yonge (along with some other major projects) on the skyline. I did this pretty quick so the perspective may be off in places but it gets the idea across!

(stock image source: iStockphoto)
View attachment 297713
Great job! And to think some buildings are missing from this already-huge future skyline, like 160 Front, 200 Queens Quay, Canada House, 212 King St W...wow

I repudiate straight-up Toronto bashing where I see it as unfair (for example bashing something that in fact compares favourably to other jurisdictions; or implying certain problems are unique to this City when they are not).
Wait...Chi-Town is full of streamlined futuristic buildings, where as The Big Apple looks like something out of Coruscant with flying cars taboot. While we stuck with a monotony of spandrel grey boxes trying to be the taller version of Brampton. Didn't cha know? >.>

Indeed it can - I frequently find myself falling to the dark side.

On my better days, I manage to suppress caustic commentary and simply click on the sad or angry face emojis!
Yet, I find you one of the best at spearing things that need to be speared. So please don't ever change. /bows

Indeed it can - I frequently find myself falling to the dark side.

On my better days, I manage to suppress caustic commentary and simply click on the sad or angry face emojis!
Good thing UT has more than one reaction type rather than only a simple "Like."

Most other message boards that have a "Like" button only have "Like" as an option.

B564EE64-B0AA-4AB4-B7C1-C6A391DFDFB6.jpeg
9EB0310B-1C40-4E4E-97E6-BA195C7024CD.jpeg

The more this building grows, the more it is growing on me. Nice materials and details so far. Nothing exceptional but not bad (and I will take "not bad" at this point, sadly).

Back