July 24, 2021

4051639F-4E49-4124-9BBE-AA275EA808C9.png

Lobby area looks nice. Nothing over the top but not too minimalistic either

Last edited by a moderator:

1) Awesome to see you back to your nighttime photography!

2) I'm not liking the lighting. Lots of light pollution, and of course, ignores the architecture of the building. FWIW, the vents at-grade, being as terrible as they are , mess up one's desire to illuminate the arches.

But still. Not aesthetically ideal, or ecologically responsible; and insufficient justification for same in the result.

Last edited:
Those vertical light posts seem to be breeding like rabbits down that area. Not that I consider that a bad thing, as they look better in person when I was walking by there a couple of nights ago...but I do get that too much might not be a good thing either.

@Northern Light would it be viable to have leafy, mature trees surround the lights instead? That could have made for a nice effect with the lights peaking out from behind the branches.

@Northern Light would it be viable to have leafy, mature trees surround the lights instead? That could have made for a nice effect with the lights peaking out from behind the branches.

The streetscape plan suggested that trees were not a viable choice due to utility conflicts.

Nice idea though.

Between the future fountain and the light poles, this new plaza is sure starting to seem cluttered. I feel like given the pedestrian volumes, a simpler plan with more clearway and some seating (benches/chairs) would've been welcome and would've looked more cohesive with the adjacent building. Right now, it's looking like tripping hazard central based on the photos.

Back