Preparing the shoring machine to start work.

20201021_101118.jpg

If rail deck park gets built and land value goes up the developers for this will be punching the air for missing the opportunity to add more density to such a prime location

Agree but this won't be the first instance of a developer having next to no foresight. Some people can only process what's in front of them (what exists now) and are incapable of making good long term plans. Even in City Planning they often don't know how to do that. They misread where we're headed and have to re-caliibrate.... often multiple times in just a few years. You'd think it would be a core competency and a pre-requisite but it, apparently, is not.

Last edited:
In 100 years it will probably be bought and torn down to make room for something bigger - this is a temporary building

I have no issues with this project. At the end of the day, it's still a fairly substantial building in terms of overall mass. It'll add 550,000 sf of office space to the area, that will likely be targeted to the Tech industry. From my understanding, Carttera are also building this on spec without a major tenant confirmed yet. When it comes to office developments, you plan and build based on reasonable demand. There's quite a few other similar projects floating around in the area of similar scale and offering.

If rail deck park gets built and land value goes up the developers for this will be punching the air for missing the opportunity to add more density to such a prime location
Agree but this won't be the first instance of a developer having next to no foresight. Some people can only process what's in front of them (what exists now) and are incapable of making good long term plans. Even in City Planning they often don't know how to do that. They misread where we're headed and have to re-caliibrate.... often multiple times in just a few years. You'd think it would be a core competency and a pre-requisite but it, apparently, is not.
In 100 years it will probably be bought and torn down to make room for something bigger - this is a temporary building
WTF are you two talking about?

I'm pretty stoked to see this one get built. The cantilevered North end and playful massing will make for a welcome addition in this area of town.

Back