resubmission February 8th. Looks pretty much the same, a few small tweaks. Doesn't seem to be fully designed any longer - the plans are very simplistic floorplans and sections only, no elevations.

And a couple of semi-interesting notes from the new cover letter:

upload_2018-3-12_10-55-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-12_10-55-25.png
    upload_2018-3-12_10-55-25.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 903
"PRIME LOCATION: Spitting distance to Hooker Harveys!"
"PRIME VIEWS: Minimal building setbacks from your neighbours - better pray they never redevelop or you are screwed!'
"PRIME AMENITIES: we shoehorned these into where-ever they could fit as we tried to get every little square inch of GFA out of this!"
"PRIME TRANSIT ACCESS: only a 10+ minute walk down a veritable freeway outside your front door to Dundas station!"

"PERFECTION".

OMG, total garbage. It's good they accent it with the color of puke...smh

I live near this site. Increasingly, during my walks along Carlton, I notice that "mediocre" rules the day in new construction along the Jarvis stretch. The city administration doesn't seem to care. Frankly, the original proposal for this site was a lot better than this drivel. I think this is a sad day.

Will the people at city hall start to understand that the appearance of tall buildings is public-realm related? Thick skulls in the planning department. No lessons learned from Aura?

I live near this site. Increasingly, during my walks along Carlton, I notice that "mediocre" rules the day in new construction along the Jarvis stretch. The city administration doesn't seem to care. Frankly, the original proposal for this site was a lot better than this drivel. I think this is a sad day.

Will the people at city hall start to understand that tall buildings is public-realm related? Thick skulls in the planning department. No lessons learned from Aura?
lol

You realize that planning can't control architectural design, right?

Back