I had wishful thoughts that it wouldn't be grey spandrel...but that was just wishful thinking. The whole area is literally the same shades of grey, white and blue glass. Now if only SmartCentres would start their project at 700 Centre St. that would be a fresh sight for the eyes.
Whats wrong with grey spandrel? xD Just personal preference?

700 Centre St
I had wishful thoughts that it wouldn't be grey spandrel...but that was just wishful thinking. The whole area is literally the same shades of grey, white and blue glass. Now if only SmartCentres would start their project at 700 Centre St. that would be a fresh sight for the eyes.
What's the SmartCentre project you are referring to? I haven't heard that they plan on redeveloping this commercial site anytime soon.

F5F06B2B-26CF-46D9-BA1F-11E48035C1DB.jpeg

Whats wrong with grey spandrel? xD Just personal preference?
Gray spandrel has popped up on buildings everywhere across the GTA. It is the lazy and cheap answer to "Who cares what the building's clad in? Just get the costs down." It is architectural and therefore civic negligence committed by the development industry. It adds no warmth to the built environment, but instead just carries the dreariness of overcast days over into blue sky ones. The dislike for it may represent the personal preference of the member you quoted, but that is a preference shared repeatedly on UrbanToronto threads by countless members as there is such a preponderance of the drab cladding due to the low-cost/low-quality exteriors that increasingly blights the region now.

Back