I cant wait, this project will probably be the biggest construction management disaster Toronto has ever witnessed. We should all gather around Sugar Beach in 10 years so we can host weekly parties to witness how botched the whole thing will be.
Most of the other trunk sewer and wet weather flow sewers the City are building now seem to be being dug by tunneling. Though I can see that a new tunnel will need access/egress pits. why does anyone think the plan is to dig up all of QQ?

Most of the other trunk sewer and wet weather flow sewers the City are building now seem to be being dug by tunneling. Though I can see that a new tunnel will need access/egress pits. why does anyone think the plan is to dig up all of QQ?

So, if by 'Trunk Sewer' they mean the Inner Harbour Wet Weather Flow tunnel, then yes, that will be done by boring machine and access shafts, one of which will likely be in the front end of Rees Street Park, I probably know where the others were supposed to go but I'm not remembering.

If they actually mean the existing trunk sewer needs replacing, then that would be cut and cover work.

The used the term trunk sewer in the entry I saw, but that doesn't mean they're using the terms I know for each project. Short notations can be done in short hand, rather than long form project names.

• Haha
Reactions: DSC
Howdy! This came up on Waterfrontoronto’s IG.

IMG_4915.png
IMG_4914.png

Hopefully soon. Is there a date for this project?
It is tied into the QQE streetcar line discussions as this will involve a (small) filling in of the Yonge slip - I suppose it could go forward sooner if WT ever finds some 'significant institution' which wants to build something 'iconic' on this prime site, but ....

It is tied into the QQE streetcar line discussions as this will involve a (small) filling in of the Yonge slip - I suppose it could go forward sooner if WT ever finds some 'significant institution' which wants to build something 'iconic' on this prime site, but ....
I thought that this was just a park/public space! I will have to look at the plans.

Back