I was under the impression the Queensway was going to be reverted back to a full Hospital, but it doesn't look like that is the case.

New 9 storey wing with 416 new beds (600,000sf) and 8 (10) level parking structure for 810 cars.

HDR/Zeidler working on it

20200121-203105.jpg

Attachments

• 1591366258154.png
    1591366258154.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 220
Agreed. A lot of South Etobicoke heads to St Josephs for their services. Aren't they also going through a big expansion?

The Cover Letter for this one is one of the most substantial I've seen.

We learn a few things about what is changing and why and proposed timelines.

From the above:

1629743674335.png

1629743702791.png

1629743723452.png

1629743740428.png

1629743753732.png

1629743768052.png

1629743797885.png

Lots more in there, including the EMF implications of being near a major hydro corridor and the need to preserve a wide ROW that will cross the site in the future.

Final Report on this one is headed to the September 10th meeting of EYCC.

I am providing the summary link here, as actual (background) report is not present when you click through, only one of the attachments)

Queensway Health Centre:
Q-Rendering1-w.jpg

Q-Rendering2-w.jpg

Q-Rendering9-w.jpg

Q-Rendering10-w.jpg

Q-Rendering3-w.jpg

Q-Rendering4-w.jpg

Q-Rendering5-w.jpg

Q-Rendering6-w.jpg

Q-Rendering7-w.jpg

Q-Rendering8-w.jpg

The expansion at the Queensway Health Centre will be a modern dedicated centre for complex care and rehabilitation services where patients can receive care and recover in a purpose-built environment.

Today, capacity challenges at Trillium Health Partners means rehab and complex care services are delivered across six different sites, from Milton to Toronto. This expansion addresses the growth in this community, and provides patients with the specialized care they need, closer to home.

Features include:

• A modern nine-storey facility at 600,000 square feet, with space for over 350 beds.
  • Increased capacity for specialized care, including complex continuing care and rehabilitation services.
  • 100% private rooms.
  • Retaining existing facilities to continue to provide high-quality care to this community.
  • A new parking structure.
This project will make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients and families it will serve, and allow Trillium Health Partners to meet this community‘s growing and changing needs for years to come.
Timeline for the start of construction is 2024.

Last edited:
This is great news, at least most of central and southern Etobicoke wont have to keep heading to St.Joseph's with this.

The least they could've done however is provide some warm colour tones, as this is about as cold and sterile as you can get. Hospital visits are already not pleasant for anyone, and this certainly doesn't help with that aspect.

This is great news, at least most of central and southern Etobicoke wont have to keep heading to St.Joseph's with this.

The least they could've done however is provide some warm colour tones, as this is about as cold and sterile as you can get. Hospital visits are already not pleasant for anyone, and this certainly doesn't help with that aspect.

I don't know about that - the new build seem to be focused on rehab - my guess is it's going to be like Bridgepoint. It isn't a full-fledged hospital.

AoD

^Well that's a shame. In that case I guess it would make just a slight dent in the amount of people going to St.Joe's from the aforementioned areas.

Back