artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
A proposed 32-acre residential and commercial development! Located on the corner of Major Mackenzie and Markham Road. The total Qui Modern Town will have over 2000 units. The first phrase will have 105 Townhouses.

The project website can be found on the developer's page: https://lebancdevelopment.com/

The rendering was taken from the website:

Background-Projects-2-Qui-Towns.jpg

A proposed 32-acre residential and commercial development! Located on the corner of Major Mackenzie and Markham Road. The total Qui Modern Town will have over 2000 units. The first phrase will have 105 Townhouses.

The project website can be found on the developer's page: https://lebancdevelopment.com/

The rendering was taken from the website:

View attachment 384188

Is there a planning application before or passed by Markham for this? If so, a link would be much appreciated!

Also, if known, could someone clarify which quadrant of the Markham Rd/Major Mac intersection this is?

Render note, there is no vast forest within sight of that intersection.

The real view:

1646775333886.png

Is there a planning application before or passed by Markham for this? If so, a link would be much appreciated!

Also, if known, could someone clarify which quadrant of the Markham Rd/Major Mac intersection this is?

Render note, there is no vast forest within sight of that intersection.

The real view:

View attachment 384197
This should be the south east corner of Major Mackenzie and Markham Road. I thought there was thread for the site, but I can't seem to find it. It looks like Lebanc has purchased all property that was owned by Ideal/One Piece developments including this land, Robinson Glen Condos (North east corner of the intersection), and a few other developments around Markham. Here is a document regarding the site, including site phasing and land use. https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=31440

Also, as there is not a thread for it, here is the Mount Joy Secondary Plan that has tidbit information about this site and others https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=39921

Last edited:
This should be the south east corner of Major Mackenzie and Markham Road. I thought there was thread for the site, but I can't seem to find it. It looks like Lebanc has purchased all property that was owned by Ideal/One Piece developments including this land, Robinson Glen Condos (North east corner of the intersection), and a few other developments around Markham. Here is a document regarding the site, including site phasing and land use. https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=31440

Also, as there is not a thread for it, here is the Mount Joy Secondary Plan that has tidbit information about this site and others https://ehq-production-canada.s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/446107daabfaacff5db9c62f469208e05a5e996c/original/1596826297/2020.07.28_-_Community_Information_Session_-_online_publishing_(v2).pdf_2b6b46355e8b5fdfe7e57ded934e6fdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIBJCUKKD4ZO4WUUA/20220308/ca-central-1/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220308T231212Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=cd435a689327351215940b3a3bd380eb268ff5724594c37651615d274805a5df

TY for that. First link works fine for me. Second one seems to be broken for me.

For those interested, this is the development site in question, based on @StealthyArrow 's post above:

1646783004609.png

The Streetview photo above is looking south-westerly into the site from Major Mackenzie Drive; the intersection at the far right of the photo is Markham Road.

I note in the documents linked above that there is discussion of a GO Stn at Major Mac............ I find that odd since its only ~1.1km from the current Mt. Joy Station, that's tighter than subway station spacing.

I assume it would mean a relocation of Mount Joy station further north, as Mount Joy is only 2 km from Markham station itself. 3 km between those two stations should work fine without needing a third I imagine.

GO has no intention of relocating Mount Joy, IIRC.

So is there a serious contemplation of two GO Stations only 1.1km apart?

That seems like a recipe for slowing the commute for many people rather than serving more people.

So is there a serious contemplation of two GO Stations only 1.1km apart?

That seems like a recipe for slowing the commute for many people rather than serving more people.
That "potential GO station" in the secondary plan strikes me as municipal planners overreaching and requesting something that is very unlikely, not a specific Metrolinx endorsement.

That "potential GO station" in the secondary plan strikes me as municipal planners overreaching and requesting something that is very unlikely, not a specific Metrolinx endorsement.
But surely it is within the bounds of local planners to try to direct change in their area; GO/Metrolinx may not be interested in relocating a station, but if a city growth plan identifies what they believe is a better spot for a site, then of course they should be getting involved. It's not like GO/Metrolinx is perfect, or that they have much vision for local growth at all, honestly…

The city isn't asking for relocation, they are asking for a second station at Major Mack in the secondary plan. And to that, I would be surprised if it happens. the City of Toronto had to push hard to get Park Lawn on the map which is much further from Mimico than this station is and has a much better ridership justification. I just struggle to see how a second station at Major Mack would generate significantly higher ridership over just having Mount Joy.

Okay, well that would be overkill then. I think you could make a case for relocating though…

The City of Markham is also pushing for a future GO station located at Denison and Kennedy which is quite close to Milliken GO and seems rather ambitious. It seems like Markham is trying to accomodate for these new high density developments but I do not see it happening.

Screenshot (1818).png

Back