News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Here's the same article outside of the paywall https://outline.com/y59RRg
If was a condo tenant I'd be calling my landlord and demanding a new lease with a decrease in rent. If they refuse, then find somewhere cheaper. It's a renter's market for once.

Here's the same article outside of the paywall https://outline.com/y59RRgIf was a condo tenant I'd be calling my landlord and demanding a new lease with a decrease in rent. If they refuse, then find somewhere cheaper. It's a renter's market for once.

I thought about doing that but IDK, people have been used to the landlords holding all the cards for so long, in my head I worry that a renegotiated lower rent would create some resentment (landlord is already less than responsive with maintenance etc).
I might just find something else and leave the mofo scrambling.

I thought about doing that but IDK, people have been used to the landlords holding all the cards for so long, in my head I worry that a renegotiated lower rent would create some resentment (landlord is already less than responsive with maintenance etc).
I might just find something else and leave the mofo scrambling.
True. Have your alternative lease ready, and then negotiate from a position of strength.

Once GO transit improves for Kitchener and Hamilton, I expect a mass exodus of Toronto renters to those rental submarkets.

No way.....I'm currently playing chicken with my landlord about a big unit on a way higher floor. Seeing who blinks first. I'm trying to get the price reduced even further than it already has been.

Prices have stalled and even fallen. I never thought I'd live to see this. It's the best. :D

Once GO transit improves for Kitchener and Hamilton, I expect a mass exodus of Toronto renters to those rental submarkets.

i don't know about that , Kitchener to Toronto will be $582 monthly plus your time , Hamilton to Toronto will be $408 monthly , unless you work from home and only travel to work once a week or month

1589858113654.png

Reactions: rbt
Compared to what the median millennial in Toronto makes, $2125 for one bedroom is still obscenely high.

Those drops are weak. My landlord has already reduced prices by 10% and I'm looking to get another 5% lower than that.

Buyer's market innit. ;)

Here's the same article outside of the paywall https://outline.com/y59RRgIf was a condo tenant I'd be calling my landlord and demanding a new lease with a decrease in rent. If they refuse, then find somewhere cheaper. It's a renter's market for once.

But me trying to negotiate with my landlord for a lower price on a flat is somehow a dick move yet here you're advocating the same thing.

And then you had the gall to go on and say how you'd be a dick enough to evict me (though you'd have no cause nor reason) after the plague for having the temerity to negotiate with my landlord.

This is like the cheap goods vs value proposition. Which is it, man?

You keep talking out both sides of your mouth. Just an observation.

Thanks for that PM that you locked so I couldn't reply to it and then made it impossible to send you one in return there, bud.

@Admiral Beez ...mate, settle down.....you can't evict people "including yourself", whatever the hell that means, for negotiating on price.

Where do you get this?

Enjoy your trip to Buckhorn....I think you may be losing your mind.

Back