ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
383 Old Weston Road at St. Clair Ave West:

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4345095&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Remove the two abandoned buildings, remediate the Site (per O.Reg 153/04, as amended), and introduce six new buildings within an open and generously landscaped context. The northern portion of the Site will hold five low-rise blocks of stacked 3.5-storey townhouses, one of which will be developed in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area as affordable ownership housing. To the south, an 11-storey mid-rise building with retail and livework space at grade is proposed, fronting on to St. Clair Avenue West. A total of 242 residential units are proposed, of which 104 are townhouse units and 138 are mid-rise units. 20 of the 104 townhouse units will be developed as affordable ownership units in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Architect is Giannone Petricone:
upload_2018-3-29_17-5-40.png

Build Toronto link: http://buildtoronto.ca/project/383-425-old-weston-road-3/

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_17-5-40.png
    upload_2018-3-29_17-5-40.png
    853.2 KB · Views: 6,463
I hope they build this project to a high standard like an Options for Homes project. Affordable housing is fantastic, but the area needs to clean up a bit. Low-quality buildings tend to make an area less desirable as they age.

I hope they build this project to a high standard like an Options for Homes project. Affordable housing is fantastic, but the area needs to clean up a bit. Low-quality buildings tend to make an area less desirable as they age.

It's an extremely inconvenient area. On a very good day it would take over an hour to get to downtown from here in TTC. I doubt anyone with money is looking to buy here so there's no case for builders to spend the extra $$ to build higher quality here.

On a very good day it would take over an hour to get to downtown from here in TTC.

That's debatable. This location is relatively close to St. Clair, where someone can take the 512 streetcar eastbound across to either subway stations on route. Alternatively, the 127 Davenport or 168 Symington bus are other options that go towards a subway station. A quick check on Google Maps indicates that it'll take on average between 40-50 minutes to get to the Eaton Centre for example.

Relatively close to St Clair? This is literally right on St Clair.

And yes, in a few years there will be a GO line with 15 minute frequencies that will whisk passengers downtown in 10 minutes or so.

Not to mention connectivity one stop south to Line 2 at Dundas West, and one stop north to Eglinton Crosstown at Mount Dennis. With possible fare integration (this is a SmartTrack stop), this will be an extremely well connected location. I would expect the area to become a development hotspot within the next 5 years and to be transformed within 10.

Not to mention connectivity one stop south to Line 2 at Dundas West, and one stop north to Eglinton Crosstown at Mount Dennis. With possible fare integration (this is a SmartTrack stop), this will be an extremely well connected location. I would expect the area to become a development hotspot within the next 5 years and to be transformed within 10.

Seriously. The area may look like a 2 dollar dump now, but once those infrastructure projects are in place it'll change drastically.

If you have any money to invest...

I can't read a shadow study (I tried) but isn't the first building north of the 11 storey going to be heavily shadowed?

Let's not forget the following as well:

- Library re-development in this area is currently being re-built. It will look great IMO
- Graywood Developments is building 3x mid rises across the street. The first one is called SCOOP Condos.
- Plazacorp is rumoured to have bought the Delta Bingo site (not confirmed.)
- The flea market was bought last year and will be re-developed.
- There are 2x townhouse developments being proposed at Old Weston Rd (south of St Clair.)
- 6 Loyd will re-launch later this year by a new developer.

Let's not forget the following as well:

- Library re-development in this area is currently being re-built. It will look great IMO
- Graywood Developments is building 3x mid rises across the street. The first one is called SCOOP Condos.
- Plazacorp is rumoured to have bought the Delta Bingo site (not confirmed.)
- The flea market was bought last year and will be re-developed.
- There are 2x townhouse developments being proposed at Old Weston Rd (south of St Clair.)
- 6 Loyd will re-launch later this year by a new developer.

Yup, the vultures are circling. Developers can sniff the "fresh meat" that the infrastructure upgrades in the area will provide.

Back