I would rather not see the Lumsden Building redeveloped and turned into yet another facade like so many of our other heritage buildings. Is it not reasonable to have the remaining structures refurbished and left intact?

I like the quality of the restoration of Concourse Building's facade, looks great, but wish there was a set-back on the east side between the heritage and the glass facades instead of them being evenly situated.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly. No doubt they've done a beautiful job on the facade, but ultimately that's all it is; a facade. I feel it really strips a building of its dignity to be squatted upon by a much larger, looming structure.

Some varied shots on a lovely walkabout this morning...

EY1.jpg
EY2.jpg
EY3.jpg
EY4.jpg
EY5.jpg
EY6.jpg
EY7.jpg

Attachments

• EY1.jpg
    EY1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,361
  • EY2.jpg
    EY2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,427
  • EY3.jpg
    EY3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,370
  • EY4.jpg
    EY4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,379
  • EY5.jpg
    EY5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,352
  • EY6.jpg
    EY6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,355
  • EY7.jpg
    EY7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,461
I just can't get enough of this building. Great shots by everyone here. I particularly enjoy @skycandy's 5th photo in his most recent post, and @drum118's first photo in the post above.

I just can't get enough of this building. Great shots by everyone here. I particularly enjoy @skycandy's 5th photo in his most recent post, and @drum118's first photo in the post above.

Agreed. From the north-west is perhaps the best angle to view this, where you get the most amount of tapering near the top. The eastern face doesn't quite do it for me.

Agreed. From the north-west is perhaps the best angle to view this, where you get the most amount of tapering near the top. The eastern face doesn't quite do it for me.

There's a slight angle to its crystalline look from the east, but it's subtle. As you say, the wow factor is really from east- or south-facing views. At least we have really pretty glass to gaze on.

EY_1.jpg
EY_2.jpg

Attachments

• EY_1.jpg
    EY_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,712
  • EY_2.jpg
    EY_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,693
Last edited:
Best new office tower in recent memory. Thanks for the pics everyone.

Im curious, does anyone know if the roof of this building will be completely enclosed? Or will it have a large, noticeable opening for window washing equipment? (like L-Tower)

Back