interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
RioCan is planning to redevelop their RioCan Hall property at Richmond and John with the Scotiabank Theatre complex in it, and they are inviting anyone who would like to visit to get a first look.

RioCan Hall Design Unveiling Invitation.jpg
RioCan Hall Design Unveiling Invitation 2.jpg

Hmm? i wonder if they are planning a tower over top

I think it will be more than that. A complete tear-down and construction of a new complex, likely 2 - 3 towers based on the footprint. No movie theatre, as I expect that will be moved to The Well.

This is pure speculation, but it is based on some teaser information from @ProjectEnd in another thread - cannot recall which one.

I think it will be more than that. A complete tear-down and construction of a new complex, likely 2 - 3 towers based on the footprint. No movie theatre, as I expect that will be moved to The Well.

This is pure speculation, but it is based on some teaser information from @ProjectEnd in another thread - cannot recall which one.
I thot you're absolutely right, there may be a decent open urban park in the mix too.

This is a lot of opportunity here -- I'd like to see retail, office and residential.

This project should look pretty decent if the architects of the Well project Hariri and Pontarini are going to be designing it .

For sure they will be seeking more uses and a lot more density. It would be unfortunate to lose the theatre as inconvenient a downtown location can be.

Allied is also behind the Well. This maybe all Riocan. There is a difference.
You got a point there maybe there's another Mini Well size project that's going to be happening here with basically the same team . That would be great !

Allied is also behind the Well. This maybe all Riocan. There is a difference.
That's correct, this is all riocan, allied isn't involved. Though I'm pretty certain they are working with HP on it.

I also agree that there is a difference, Allied has had a very consistent approach and dedication to quality and character. Riocan has more to prove yet, imho

For sure they will be seeking more uses and a lot more density. It would be unfortunate to lose the theatre as inconvenient a downtown location can be.
Downtown is an inconvenient location for a theatre complex? It's going to be quite a pain for TIFF and HotDocs to work around if there's no theatre there.
That's correct, this is all riocan, allied isn't involved. Though I'm pretty certain they are working with HP on it.
RioCan says it themselves in the first post in this thread, so you can raise your pretty certainty to total certainty.

Back