Again, the snobbery and elitist attitude of some members on this forum never fails to amaze me. Most cities in the world would love to have a development like this, and many others that are currently being built in Toronto, and all we do is whine whine whine... :(

Pick any thread on this forum and you will probably come across some post deriding Toronto for it's lack of vision and lack of quality in its built form. And yet you think it is 'snobbery and elitist' to want to have meaningful debate about getting the best possible institutions for our city?

As I said before, while I don't think the location of this project is optimal, I am nonetheless excited and hopeful that the finished project will be something we can all be proud of.

they've shut down the other connection between the skydome and the skywalk this morning - and were tearing up pavement asscioated with that portion. So, that means no access from the Skywalk to the skydome now.

Again, the snobbery and elitist attitude of some members on this forum never fails to amaze me. Most cities in the world would love to have a development like this, and many others that are currently being built in Toronto, and all we do is whine whine whine... :(

Questioning the integrity of a project/design makes somebody an elitist snob? Oh well, I'll have some chevre with my whine then please!

they've shut down the other connection between the skydome and the skywalk this morning - and were tearing up pavement asscioated with that portion. So, that means no access from the Skywalk to the skydome now.

I wonder how many CN Tower employees were notified about the closure of the skywalk or about anything for that matter.

Sincerely,
disgruntled employee. :mad:

I wonder how many CN Tower employees were notified about the closure of the skywalk or about anything for that matter.

Sincerely,
disgruntled employee. :mad:

For now, you can get out at the Metro Convention Centre exit, just before the SkyDome exit. Later, the existing path will be reconfigured, moved to along the rail corridor.

For now, you can get out at the Metro Convention Centre exit, just before the SkyDome exit. Later, the existing path will be reconfigured, moved to along the rail corridor.

Is there anyway of routing it so that it reaches all the way to Skydome? I have said it before but the one project that really has my head shaking in Toronto was the building of an all weather stadium coupled with the brilliant call to attach it with an all weather bridge to the major transit hub and then to have that all weather bridge end a 100 yards (or so) short of said all weather stadium!

Theoretically, it could be. As part of the aquarium project, the west wall separating the CN Tower grounds from the SkyDome will be lined with new retail which will incorporate new stairways up to the SkyDome. Given that these walls currently have SkyDome offices embedded in the wall -- which presumably have direct access to the SkyDome, it would be possible to extend the skywalk directly into the CN Tower (along the rail corridor) and from there to these new buildings and from there into the SkyDome.

Theoretically.

The Aquarium will be built in two phases. The first (and larger) phase will be built as shown in the above rendering. The second phase will be connected to the first phase and built to the north-north west.

can anyone highlight the layout from above on a map please and thank you.... im still not quite sure how much space is being used

Ground plan:

ScreenShot004-1.jpg

will phase 2 be built shortly after phase 1???? or whats up with that?
btw thank you!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think phase 2 is a go-ahead with phase 1 now... as the eastern and western skywalk links to cn and skydome are shutdown officially until june 2013.... when it was only suppose to be the western link that was shutdown. Also... the signed detour? Very much lacking: two signs at the union side, and one at the bremner/simcoe side. And the detour directs people outside to get to the CN Tower and skydome ... so seems like the MCC idea is doa.

Back