Does anyone know what's happening with the old Toyota dealership lot? I'm looking into a unit that overlooks that space and I'm wondering whether or not there will be buildings built in front within the next year. I've seen some comments about a phase 2 residential but I can't seem to find any information about that online. Thanks!

Does anyone know what's happening with the old Toyota dealership lot? I'm looking into a unit that overlooks that space and I'm wondering whether or not there will be buildings built in front within the next year. I've seen some comments about a phase 2 residential but I can't seem to find any information about that online. Thanks!

You're likely looking at something like this:

However, it needs to be said, since then plans have likely evolved, and the design may have too; though I'd expect the massing to be similar.

It seems like they are wasting no time getting started on new construction.

PXL_20201126_191935497.MP.jpg

Hmmm...less is more? Or maybe less is simply less...I was expecting some trees or more of a 'park' feeling? Perhaps this is intended to be a market place or something along those lines. Not finished yet so.....

Wait, there's another phase of this development coming? Please make it stop. They never even properly finished the exteriors of the first phase and even what has been completed looks... blech. Leslieville deserves better than this. Especially with River City across the DVP.

Wait, there's another phase of this development coming? Please make it stop. They never even properly finished the exteriors of the first phase and even what has been completed looks... blech. Leslieville deserves better than this. Especially with River City across the DVP.

Typical Streetcar. I was never a fan of this project from the beginning.

I'm just going to hope for the eventual recladding in 30 years for the cheap heap of materials laid across the earlier phases...this is not a sight that's good for the eyes.

Back