Well that is my interpretation of Rogers Centre by having been there for baseball and concerts (it’s trash for baseball it’s unbearable for concerts) and by visiting some of the newer stadiums. Rogers has done a poor as job in maintenance even in the small areas

I too have been in other newer parks and the dome is hardly 'trash'. Can you give examples of poor maintenance in small areas? Not being facetious- just curious what you mean.

The thought of a brand new stadium completely funded by Rogers makes me chuckle.

I"m not sure why you are trying to link two separate, unrelated, posts. I'm talking about roofed stadiums that I like, and you continue to harp on attendance.

You mentioned more than once that the benefit of a new stadium is that it would attract more fans.

I used Baltimore as an example to demonstrate that isn't the case, and you didn't believe it was valid. So I decided to use two stadiums you mentioned liking as additional examples.

The cost and waste involved with building a new stadium does not seem to justify the increase in attendance or interest, which is generally short lived at best.

Last edited:
Just gonna sneak this in here.

I went to the game last night and walked around the 100 level concourse. The changes that were made in the 100 level outfield regarding the removal of the last 2 or 3 rows and replacing it with glass panels and bar countertops makes a huge difference and made it feel much more open back there as opposed to a dark hallway.

I too have been in other newer parks and the dome is hardly 'trash'. Can you give examples of poor maintenance in small areas? Not being facetious- just curious what you mean.

The thought of a brand new stadium completely funded by Rogers makes me chuckle.
It's not a single thing it’s a bunch of little things that have annoyed me in the last 10 years of Rogers Centre.

Another issue there is wifi coverage is pathetic there, especially annoying when the owners are Rogers and wifi is essential to run all new amenities that are being put in stadiums

It's not a single thing it’s a bunch of little things that have annoyed me in the last 10 years of Rogers Centre.

Another issue there is wifi coverage is pathetic there, especially annoying when the owners are Rogers and wifi is essential to run all new amenities that are being put in stadiums
Please name a few of the simple things that have annoyed you in regards to maintenance.

I will say there may be a general divide with some of the complaints being leveled here.

WIFI is the last thing on my mind when I'm there to watch the game.

That said, in moments where I've had to use my phone, I haven't noticed any connectivity issues. I can certainly see how that would be annoying.

I assume they could fix the WIFI issues without tearing the place down. If not we'd have to level much of the city. :p

The trick is to get the Media WiFi password. I managed to snag it for the Scotiabank Arena and wow is it ever a world of difference!

WIFI is the last thing on my mind when I'm there to watch the game.

That's interesting. Much of the telco demand for high-frequency 5G was due to massive live-streaming network congestion within stadiums and other event type spaces.

another note there are rumours Bell is willing to put a billion towards a new Montreal Baseball stadium.
From this thread I understand that true baseball fans like going to games for world class city views, to scroll their phones internet for free and to appreciate a good piece of grass.

and dont forget eating the bag of peanuts so slow it lasts the entire 9 inning game and you never had to put your mask on..

I assume they could fix the WIFI issues without tearing the place down.
WiFi is actually pretty tricky to implement in a large concrete building that's open to the air that being said they do have a lot of routers and repeaters scattered around the stadium to give as much of a signal as they can.

You're cherry picking issues at this point. Wi-Fi coverage at a baseball game? Don't be ridiculous.

10 years ago, I could understand the gripes about the Dome and lack of modern amenities and curb appeal. The turf and sliding pits looked terrible. The old Windows Restaurant with ads plastered on it was shoddy as well. The bare concrete inside the stadium looked drab and depressing. Being at the stadium last week however; the upgrades and improvements to the place are very well done and really change the overall aesthetic of the place. If larger scale renovations include rebuilding the 100 level seating bowl, changing the orientation and replacing the actual seats, those are massive upgrades, never mind mentioning changes to the roof or exterior to allow more natural light.

That's interesting. Much of the telco demand for high-frequency 5G was due to massive live-streaming network congestion within stadiums and other event type spaces.

That's not surprising. For many events I can imagine that being the case.

At a baseball game though, my own experience is that I'm there to enjoy the game and not look at my phone.

That's not surprising. For many events I can imagine that being the case.

At a baseball game though, my own experience is that I'm there to enjoy the game and not look at my phone.
The only time I feel compelled to look at my phone at Rogers centre is when it’s the nba or nhl playoffs and the jays like to pretend they are in their own world refusing to show highlights of the raptors or leafs between innings.

Back