Balzac's is good. Not to mention Bulldog near by. We had one at Yonge and Eg which unfortunately closed.

I was so angry when Bulldog at Y&E closed. I miss those lattes.

Yonge should be a 24/7 place. It doesn't matter if there aren't clubs. Those close after 2 am, anyway. The fact is that people are hustling at all times of the day in Toronto, and there should be at least one place at a crossroads where there are the businesses to accommodate them. To see no such place is repugnant to who we are as an extremely vibrant and metropolitan city. It shouldn't be this way.

I was so angry when Bulldog at Y&E closed. I miss those lattes.

This discussion is probably off-topic, but have you tried:
http://www.blogto.com/cafes/de-mello-palheta-coffee-roasters-toronto
I'm a fan of that place.

From what I've read there had been very few indie Coffee places in midtown a few years ago, but recently a few opened both near Eg/Davisville and Lawrence. The one above was actually on Blog TO's best cafe lists, and they rarely list anything north of Bloor.

There is also that new Czech coffee place somewhere north of Eglinton on Yonge, I wish I remembered the name.

I've been there once and the coffee was good but the sweets and delicacies they had there was phenomenal!

(Maybe we should make a midtowners thread? :p)

There is a Yonge and Eglinton thread already. Maybe we should get a mod to rename it to Midtown Toronto?

There is a Yonge and Eglinton thread already. Maybe we should get a mod to rename it to Midtown Toronto?

That thread is too specific! We need something that covers...iduno..St. Clair to Blythwood and Avenue to Mt Pleasant - give or take a few blocks in every direction.

The Yonge/Dundas area does need more 24 hour places. I have been in that area many times after midnight and I couldn't find a coffee shop or even a decent place to eat. (and I don't mean McDonalds or Burger King) I wonder why the Tim Horton's right on Yonge, south of Dundas, isn't 24 hours. I have to walk all the way up to Bloor, for my late night Ice Cap fix and that sucks! I can't wait for Dundas Square to become a late night district.
It's really lame. Chipotle for instance closes at 10 PM! They would do business until 1 am no problem if they kept their doors open. I don't get it.

14ui460.jpg

That thread is too specific! We need something that covers...iduno..St. Clair to Blythwood and Avenue to Mt Pleasant - give or take a few blocks in every direction.

I forgot for a few days but I got around to making the thread just now! Link

We can stop clogging up this thread then. ;)

Was on the site back in late October/early November, not current but I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the pics, Canary and Kotsy.

The building is looking like quite a pile at the moment, I must say. That's, er, 'pile' in a good way.

Amazing update, Canary! Very exciting to see some of the interior spaces taking form, including all the generous tiered areas. The close-up of the re-bar for the columns is pretty sweet too. Thanks for sharing :)

Back