The moment of truth is here....I spot first cladding!! :) Have a look

12071587993_0d068c45ed_b.jpg

12071291485_75f0688025_b.jpg

12071584473_8bff025dac_b.jpg

12071289155_0ba3756430_b.jpg

Move over AURA! This is now the BEST building in Toronto!

(Had to represent the other end of the spectrum, adHominem)

That looks like the other pattern from the mock-up on Church Street, not the one shown in renderings. I was hoping they'd gone with the original pattern from the renderings but obviously it's just one panel up and I'll have to sit tight. Chances are this is just a test panel to make sure everything's fitting properly.

This building is fascinating viewed in section. The interior is full of varying levels, slopes, angles, varying ceiling heights, etc. Going to be a very cool building to explore once completed.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how much of a monster this building would be until I saw the construction in person. It's massive!

Cladding looks good though, has the right transparency! I think this is actually going to be one of Toronto's best projects within the last few years.

Atlantis, I love the effect you get when scrolling down on those four images.... I did it slowly while playing the Jaws music, and it was probably the most dramatic moment of my day.

The retail space is going to be awesome! Love the angled ceilings.

I wonder what the retail will be? Ryerson shares it's other buildings with a Canadian Tire, Best Buy and a grocery store. I wonder what generic chains they will stick in this location?

I wonder what the retail will be? Ryerson shares it's other buildings with a Canadian Tire, Best Buy and a grocery store. I wonder what generic chains they will stick in this location?

The new Image Arts building has a Balzac's Coffee, so that certainly isn't generic.

photos from this morning (sorry lower quality, original files to large to post)

Attachments

• rsz_img_0040.jpg
    rsz_img_0040.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 394
  • rsz_img_0041.jpg
    rsz_img_0041.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 398
  • rsz_img_0085.jpg
    rsz_img_0085.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 395
This is definitely my favourite project in the city right now.

Just snapped this shot this morning, more of the glazing going up:

U5xFONcl.jpg

Gods, I commend the both of you for not rushing towards Dundas station/your classes this morning.

I was speed-walking my way out of the cold! I passed by the site, but was too busy being cold to look. :eek:

This is wonderful to see. This is going to be a shot of architecture right in the heart of Toronto. Very exciting!!

On the test glass on Church St. there is this plastic looking blue portion. Is that going to be on this building as well?

Edit: After some searching, it appears it's going to be used on the interior. Maybe the exterior as well at the main entrance.

c9455eee4e989b20fe18b672df46.jpeg

Last edited:

Back