someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score
With a Site Plan Approval application this week, it's time we give the planned subway station a thread in the buildings section!

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=4440296

300 BOROUGH DR
Ward 38 - Scarborough District

►View All Properties

Proposed construction of the Scarborough Centre Station Terminal that serves as a combined subway and bus terminal.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type
Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 18 217815 ESC 38 SA Aug 30, 2018 Under Review

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarborough Centre is the wrong location for the main transit hub - Building a massive terminal is just going to choke Scarborough Centre - The main hub and bus terminal should be located at McCowan and Sheppard - McCowan and Sheppard has plenty of room for a proper parking facility and is better suited to handle the bus traffic

Scarborough Centre is the wrong location for the main transit hub - Building a massive terminal is just going to choke Scarborough Centre - The main hub and bus terminal should be located at McCowan and Sheppard - McCowan and Sheppard has plenty of room for a proper parking facility and is better suited to handle the bus traffic
Well lucky for you the plan is changing to that under Doug Ford

Obviously, the design of this station has changed since this thread was created. Anyways, I wanted to post the most recent rendering, from February’s Metrolinx Capital Projects Report.

D21B3C4C-A32C-4AEC-978E-BE5663C1B849.jpeg

I'd really like if they could incorporate some nods to the 80s design of the RT stations. I want stainless and tube steel and smoked glass. Try to recapture some of the futuristic optimism of it.

This rendering doesn't tell us much, given it's clearly extremely preliminary (which is why almost everything, including the track area, is rendered as largely white), but a good sign is it looks like they're going for dual elevators to each platform, which is a nice accessibility improvement.

I wish all stations were centre platform. That would cut down on the amount of vertical circulation infrastructure required.

Can't quite locate where I saved my docs of the previous, much larger design (and it's gargantuan double deck bus terminal, if I remember rightly)

Can't quite locate where I saved my docs of the previous, much larger design (and it's gargantuan double deck bus terminal, if I remember rightly)
Most of it is here:

AoD

I hope the bus terminal they end up going with has better indoor waiting areas than that plan did. Something more akin to the current station rather than just a very long green roof over your head

anyway when I was high school student with my friends and teachers trip train station at the Scarborough Centre Station and the mall at Scarborough Town Centre in the 2010\'s only I saw the stores, food court, and the arcade game at the Cineplex Odeon.

Scarborough_Centre_TTC_bus_bays-1.jpg

anyway when I was high school student with my friends and teachers trip train station at the Scarborough Centre Station and the mall at Scarborough Town Centre in the 2010\'s only I saw the stores, food court, and the arcade game at the Cineplex Odeon.

View attachment 401059

Not to go too far off topic but I am old enough to remember when they were building that theatre. It used to be Entrance 1 with Diana Sweets just beside it. Where the theatre is now was once a parking lot.

The original theatre was where the GAP and Sukoshi Mart are now with the Box Office being in the middle of the corridor. The Arcade was in the far corner of the food court where Tims and Jollibee are now. I am so old, that I remember going there when they had the 1980s fake tree/plant and gazebo motif.

Christ.. now I feel old.

Anyhow below is what is looked like prior to the addition of the theatre.

The source of the images is here: https://web.archive.org/web/19980708181858/http://scarboroughtowncentre.com/lev2pages/stcinfo.html

lev1.jpg
lev2.jpg

Last edited:
Not to go too far off topic but I am old enough to remember when they were building that theatre. It used to be Entrance 1 with Diana Sweets just beside it. Where the theatre is now was once a parking lot.

The original theatre was where the GAP and Sukoshi Mart are now with the Box Office being in the middle of the corridor. The Arcade was in the far corner of the food court where Tims and Jollibee are now. I am so old, that I remember going there when they had the 1980s fake tree/plant and gazebo motif.

Christ.. now I feel old.

Anyhow below is what is looked like prior to the addition of the theatre.

The source of the images is here: https://web.archive.org/web/19980708181858/http://scarboroughtowncentre.com/lev2pages/stcinfo.html

View attachment 401067View attachment 401068
I remember seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the original theatre.

Back