Thanks for that @1Ć0.

Tunnels / bridges are definitely not my world, but building a new tunnel sounds like a huge undertaking.

Has this tunnel already been built?

https://chisholmfleming.com/our-wor...-parking/scarborough-go-station-improvements/

"The second phase of the project was the construction of a new tunnel and upgrading the existing tunnel."

Wishful thinking, but if SJ can be adequately serviced by the new tunnel, maybe we can get a nice bridge too. 😁

No problem.

Yup - appears like the entrance and tunnel referenced in your link exist and are in operation today (I've circled in pic below). The second phase I assume refers to the construction of the new tunnel for access between the new GO station and the existing one.

1708119450949.png

And yes the bridge is sadly wishful thinking - if Northern Light uncovered that the $40m reserved for the community centre wasn't even enough for a proper centre, I can just imagine what the price tag of that bridge would be and where it sits on a list of priorities for the city.

Last edited:
From today's COVER-STORY in NOVAE RES URBIS Toronto -

"While Republic is not required to include an affordable housing component within the development proposed for this site, part of the settlement agreement between Republic and the City of Toronto is that Republic will be donating one of the site’s development blocks as a community benefits contribution to the City for an affordable housing project that would accommodate at least 200 dwelling units."

Based on current total-unit stats of 7,600 units - that is a 2.6% deal for permanent affordable housing units.

That said, by donating one of the site’s development blocks as a community benefits contribution to the City -- the City could at some point in the future up-zone that block for greater density, and if Mayor Chow wants to make those lands part of her "Public Builder" program -- then that is likely what we would expect they would need to do.

Back