I don't know if there are any planning constraints on this one but I've always felt that it's 10 storeys too short given its proximity to the downtown core.
What AG means is that if it were to be built any taller, it would add shadow to Nathan Phillips Square… so no go.

Pics Taken January 25, 2021.

1611619607875.png

1611619655707.png

1611619682596.png

These comments regarding the reclad of the Simpson's tower as well as comments of a similar nature of various other buildings are both tiresome and annoying. They remind me of what childhood bullies act like. Pile on, the nerd can't defend himself!
In defense of the reclad, as a backdrop, it makes the old city hall pop a lot more than the the old and tired concrete cladding that was there before. It pretty much had the same colour as 390 Bay and the Thompson building, seen in the photo above, which kinda blended in with Old City Hall, making it less prominent!

These comments regarding the reclad of the Simpson's tower as well as comments of a similar nature of various other buildings are both tiresome and annoying. They remind me of what childhood bullies act like. Pile on, the nerd can't defend himself!
In defense of the reclad, as a backdrop, it makes the old city hall pop a lot more than the the old and tired concrete cladding that was there before. It pretty much had the same colour as 390 Bay and the Thompson building, seen in the photo above, which kinda blended in with Old City Hall, making it less prominent!
People are allowed to express their opinions on here just like anyone else. If some members don't like the reclad (myself included), we can voice it.

As for this tower, I find it rather harmless as urban filler and therefore ok with its overwhelming blandness.

Back