IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3843.jpg
IMG_3844.jpg
IMG_3845.jpg
IMG_3846.jpg
IMG_3847.jpg
IMG_3848.jpg
IMG_3849.jpg

Is there plans for that yet/is it funded? I was just riding by that yesterday and thought "this could really use some love".
The restoration/improvements will be paid by Brookfield but I have seen no plans. I have just emailed Wong-Tam's office and if/when I hear I will report back.

UPDATE: I got a response and it is that the City are dealing with the east side of the park and Brookfield with the west side and that "Construction is anticipated to begin this spring or early summer with anticipated completion in late 2023."

Last edited:
The restoration/improvements will be paid by Brookfield but I have seen no plans. I have just emailed Wong-Tam's office and if/when I hear I will report back.

UPDATE: I got a response and it is that the City are dealing with the east side of the park and Brookfield with the west side and that "Construction is anticipated to begin this spring or early summer with anticipated completion in late 2023."
While you have Wong-Tam's ear, could you request that the opening hours for the Cloud Garden be extended once it reopens? Mon-Fri only until 3pm means it's very hard for those of us that don't work downtown to ever enjoy it!

While you have Wong-Tam's ear, could you request that the opening hours for the Cloud Garden be extended once it reopens? Mon-Fri only until 3pm means it's very hard for those of us that don't work downtown to ever enjoy it!
While I agree the hours were poor, there is no point fighting for longer until the whole park/garden reopens - 2+ years. In fact, KWT is (almost) no longer the Councillor.

Since we're on the subject, does anyone know anything re: the plan and timing for the pedestrianization of Temperance Street?

Are there plans? It has no garage entrances so it's feasible but ....
It has certainly been talked about in this thread, and I thought there were more concrete plans, though after an (admittedly very quick) Google search all I've managed to find is this 2019 report by Brookfield to the Public Art Commission re: Bay Adelaide Centre, in which they state:

"Similar to Market Street, Scott Street and Yorkville Avenue, Brookfield is working in partnership with City staff to pedestrianize Temperance Street to enhance the public realm and character of the Bay Adelaide Centre precinct"

It has certainly been talked about in this thread, and I thought there were more concrete plans, though after an (admittedly very quick) Google search all I've managed to find is this 2019 report by Brookfield to the Public Art Commission re: Bay Adelaide Centre, in which they state:

"Similar to Market Street, Scott Street and Yorkville Avenue, Brookfield is working in partnership with City staff to pedestrianize Temperance Street to enhance the public realm and character of the Bay Adelaide Centre precinct"
I hope it happens but without the City on side I fear it will not.

Back