Shame how boring the Scotiabank wordmark is. Especially next to an equally boring Deloitte logo. Just relatively generic sans serif wordmarks passing for logos now (these staid corporates aren't the only offenders; luxury retail brands have gone the same direction).
It's a by-product of logos and wordmarks needing to be seen in small sizes on web browsers, smart phones, etc. Everything is now designed to scale down and still be recognisable. Serif fonts become less readable at small scale than sans-serif ones.

Shame how boring the Scotiabank wordmark is. Especially next to an equally boring Deloitte logo. Just relatively generic sans serif wordmarks passing for logos now (these staid corporates aren't the only offenders; luxury retail brands have gone the same direction).
Have they used the "S" logo on this building anywhere?
Personally, I prefer the old logo with the globe in the middle of the S rather than the large dot.

A fair few here, looking at the North Tower, and a bit of its ground floor, but also the Cloud Gardens site re-instatement progress.

Photos taken October 2nd, 2022:

(where does one tower end, and the other begin?)

DSC09810.JPG

DSC09811.JPG

DSC09812.JPG

DSC09813.JPG

DSC09817.JPG

DSC09818.JPG

DSC09819.JPG

DSC09822.JPG

DSC09823.JPG

DSC09824.JPG

Why look at one Scotiabank occupied building, when you can look at two, at the same time, via a reflection:

DSC09825.JPG

From the plaza linking Temperance to Adelaide........

DSC09826.JPG

Egads the street lighting they selected is awful. I'm open to not using the Victorian style fixtures found at the east end of Temperance, given the much more modern architecture here; though an argument for consistency could still be made.

But if you're going modern, that doesn't have to mean utilitarian, ugly, colourless and without merit, which is what we have here.

The scale of the poles is incorrect; that, at least should have been taken from the Victorians (height). The colour should be Jet Black; and those awful bases have no business being used for anything, anywhere, anytime, ever.

Last edited:
Egads the street lighting they selected is awful. I'm open to not using the Victorian style fixtures found at the east end of Temperance, given the much more modern architecture here; though an argument for consistency could still be made.

But if you're going modern, that doesn't have to mean utilitarian, ugly, colourless and without merit, which is what we have here.

The scale of the poles is incorrect; that, at least should have been taken from the Victorians (height). The colour should be Jet Black; and those awful bases have no business being used for anything, anywhere, anytime,

Anti-human is the impression I get -expensive in-fill giving nothing back. Is this supposed to be modernist ? There is sadly less here than the classic " there's no there, there", and bleakly so.

The scale of the poles is incorrect; that, at least should have been taken from the Victorians (height). The colour should be Jet Black; and those awful bases have no business being used for anything, anywhere, anytime, ever.
True, but those poles have been there since BA1 was built.

True, but those poles have been there since BA1 was built.

Perhaps during construction I mistook them for something temporary..........they sure as.........shouldn't be permanent.

Update on the Cloud Gardens work adjacent to this site, and a look at the Christmas decoration of the public plaza that is part of this complex, including a north-facing view with the new tower in the background.
Photos taken Nov 23rd, 2022:

DSC00337.JPG

DSC00338.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

DSC00340.JPG

DSC00341.JPG

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00343.JPG

DSC00344.JPG

DSC00345.JPG

DSC00346.JPG

Anti-human is the impression I get -expensive in-fill giving nothing back. Is this supposed to be modernist ? There is sadly less here than the classic " there's no there, there", and bleakly so.
could not have said it better myself. this grouping of soulless glass boxes are individually bad but when crammed together this way with no contextual relationship to each other it reaches crimes against humanity level. how anyone could be excited by this development is beyond belief.

could not have said it better myself. this grouping of soulless glass boxes are individually bad but when crammed together this way with no contextual relationship to each other it reaches crimes against humanity level. how anyone could be excited by this development is beyond belief.
It’s a terrible plaza. When you visit you are anywhere and nowhere, all at the same time.

Back