The food court is open. Notably absent is the food.

0B86900A-D8CB-42EB-9BCF-DCC2DE4BBE18.jpeg

Not sure if this has been discussed or confirmed until now – but Scotiabank's latest annual report (available on their website) declares Scotiabank North as their new global head office. They remain tenants in Scotia Plaza, but I suppose this new building is HQ now.

"In downtown Toronto, we have started welcoming employees into our new Scotiabank North tower, which will serve as our global head office...Scotiabank North represents our renewed commitment to the vibrancy of Toronto’s financial hub, and is a symbol of the important role that we play in the social and economic fabric of the cities where we operate."

Are they actually fixing up the garden it self or that'll be later ?

Are they actually fixing up the garden it self or that'll be later ?

The complete rebuild of the park is the finishing element of this project.

Not sure what final design changes were settled on.

I was under the impression the greenhouse and water feature were to be restored pretty close to original, but everyone agreed the at-grade design was in need of a re-think.

Last edited:
IMG_2916.jpeg

The perimeter fencing surrounding the park was being actively taken down late this morning, with some areas remaining closed off. The space looks nice, I just hope that a refresh of the original structures are still in the works. The deterioration of the original masonry really stands out in contrast against the new features.

IMG_2919.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg

Last edited:
I was by here yesterday, June 16th, 2023:

The space is substantially open, but the water feature and associated structure remain closed, the small bit of grass in the design remains fenced off to allow it to establish.

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

The shot below is highlight the planting bed lighting:

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

The park is centred around the lawn with a semi-circular set of benches lining the planting beds along the perimeter of said circle.

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

The reconstruction of Temperance Street is still very much ongoing:

DSC01907.jpg

Last edited:
I take it - it will be a simple like for like replacement in terms of the finishings ? Doesn't look like they're doing with the interior of cloud garden ?

I take it - it will be a simple like for like replacement in terms of the finishings ? Doesn't look like they're doing with the interior of cloud garden ?
The developer was fixing the outdoor part, which they used as a construction area, as part of the BA project The City are dealing with the Cloud Garden - to date no sign of any work on it.

Back