Hi, do you know what the potential size of this tower could be (or if there's some cap)? I ask because I remember reading somewhere that up to 500K sq. ft. of office space is possible for this site (might have been Brookfield's own website) but if this tower will be a typical 32 storey tower, then its size should be around 700-800K sq. ft., correct? Thanks!

Here is some info

COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENT
AGENDA
TORONTO EAST YORK PANEL A

Hearing Date: April 30, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Committee Room 2 - Toronto City Hall - 100 Queen Street West

29. 40 TEMPERANCE ST & 37 RICHMOND ST W

File Number: A0189/14TEY Zoning CR T12.0 C8.0 R11.7 & Site Specific
By-laws 998-88 and 460-2006 (Waiver)
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale (28)

Property Address: 40 TEMPERANCE ST & 37
RICHMOND ST W
Community: Toronto
Legal Description: PLAN TOWN OF YORK PT LOTS 2 & 3 RP 66R16814 PARTS 1,6,9,14 AND 15

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:

To alter the redevelopment plan for a 32-storey mixed-use office building with retail at grade, approved under
By-law 998-88 and further amended by By-law 460-2006, by decreasing the number of loading spaces, as well
as street related retail and service uses aggregate areas along Temperance Street and Richmond Street West,
while increasing the non-residential and residential gross floor areas of the Bay-Adelaide lands, and the building
heights for Parcel B as outline on Map B in By-law 460-2006.

Parcel B will have a combined non-residential gross floor area and residential gross floor area of
86,261 m².....86261 =928.5K

Parcel B will have heights of 42.98.0 m and 141.05 m,

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...es/pdf/C/C of A TEY April 30, 2014 Agenda.pdf

That would be news to me

Wasn't there something posted here, probably some years ago now, that the 3d tower would have a hotel and apartment component?

It was which is why it state combined area but, it's all office now.

There is so much office space—existing, under construction, and especially proposed—on the market now, I would not be surprised if Bay Adelaide North slipped further than the end of next year. That's far enough off that they are essentially saying "we don't know, law of supply and demand says that in 20 months time there should be enough demand again for us to float another boat", but who knows which buildings will find the tenants they need to get going next.

Agreed. It's too early for construction of the 3rd phase. I'd give it at least 3-5 years before designs come thru.

It was which is why it state combined area but, it's all office now.

Correct, and now allowed to go to 141 metres, not just 120.

I'm starting to feel I was wrong saying 3 to 5 years before we see the new design. I believe now we will see marketing start sooner rather than later.

Correct, and now allowed to go to 141 metres, not just 120.

I'm starting to feel I was wrong saying 3 to 5 years before we see the new design. I believe now we will see marketing start sooner rather than later.

Yeah, i believe it will be next one to break ground in this city
Here is my prediction of the next 10 hi-rise office buildings to break ground in Toronto

BAC-3 (Bay-Adelaide North) (Brookfield)
156 Front Street (Cadillac Fairview)
The Well office tower (Allied)
16 York Street (Cadillac Fairview)
Union Centre (Allied)
One Yonge Street Office Tower (Pinnacle International)
45 Bay Street (Ivanhoe Cambridge)
Oxford Place (Oxford)
60 Harbour/30 Bay (Port Authority/Oxford)
388 King street west (Allied)

Very difficult to predict the order the buildings will come in, but I agree that…

BAC-3 has a good chance to being one of the very next. You don't have any other Brookfield sites listed, but their next one up after BAC-3 would be the next Brookfield Place tower, and I agree it's not likely to be within the next 10.

156 Front Street West would be CadFair's highest priority, so that's in the right spot ahead of 16 York.

I agree with your order for the three Allied sites, with The Well high on their priority list, and 388 King their lowest priority.

I have no idea where I would slot in the One Yonge office tower, but…

I would move 45 Bay up in the list, a fair bit in fact.

Hard to know what to place Oxford Place either, or their other property at 60 Harbour. Either of those could surprise us…

Regarding Allied, I suspect that 495 King West may come before 388 King. 495 King would not be as large as 388 King, and would help build the base of Allied tenants in the King-Spadina area in support of bringing the larger 388 King West to market.

Is it too early to guess who might be head tenant here?

Yes, this isn't even being actively marketed yet; You'd be better to speculate at either Front St. projects.

Back