I wonder if they're going to use the Scotia Bank logo as seen in the photo up above on 68 storey tower across the street. On top of this new tower for verification of the building viewing north. That would really look cool !

There has to be some discussion somewhere on why this project uses a core, while the taller 16 York didn't. Despite both being at 32 floors and for commercial usage. Maybe, I am missing something...

There has to be some discussion somewhere on why this project uses a core, while the taller 16 York didn't. Despite both being at 32 floors and for commercial usage. Maybe, I am missing something...
I never even thought of that. Must be the way Brookfield wanted the tower built or to keep it in line with the other two phases.

I'm also wondering what Scotiabank is going to do with signage on this building. Did the east tower never have north facing Deloitte signage? I'm pretty excited for this third tower to round out the development, I kind of see the group as a nod to the TD Centre towers.

I see this tower as the 3rd boring failure in the group. there is no thoughtful dynamic relationship or interplay between the towers. it's just maximum gross floor area, constructed as cheaply as possible with the profits flowing out of the country,

as for the Scotia Bank signage, as I said elsewhere, with the big 5 banks owning or lead tenant in so many buildings it kind of becomes redundant (and pathetic) to see the logos repeated on multiple buildings withing a 5 block radius.

I never even though of that. Must be the way Brookfield wanted the tower built or to keep it in line with the other two phases.
Well...the problem with the "force of habbit" theory, is that they still can create the same building if they went full Roman with it like it was done for 16 York. The core process always looks more expensive to me. While I suspect it's much stronger, it's obvious that 16 York didn't need it. Making this unnecessary procedure from where I armchair sit. And as other readers pointed out below my OP on this, the building itself is nothing really special. So unless Scotia Bank is planning to move in a nuclear reactor to power their mainframe system, I can't think of any obvious reason why the devs would of gone with this method, outside of your guess.

Are you referring to the climbing core system that's in use here?

I believe I am. Correct me if I am wrong on that though.

The differing approaches to formwork can be seen in these 2 explainers

Thank you for posting those, but it appears I am not being very clear with my question...

...the inquirey is why this project is using an evelator core with a steel/iron based frame work eventually being built around it that we saw with CIBC Square, as opposed to 16 York that just used straight concrete floor plates all the way up, despite both projects being of similar floor counts and of eventual usage? I hope this makes sense.

Because they preferred steel over concrete for various financial and timing reasons.
Welp...I have notice to speed of which this is being erected. Perhaps it's the timing is the essence thing then.

Thanks for pointing out that consideration. /bows

September 18, 2020

IMG_20200918_121319486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200918_121450657_HDR.jpg

Supposedly they're upgrading cloud garden as part of this ?

Back