disappointing choices IMO. I like including Sherbourne because it is locational (but perhaps Sherbourne is too abundant, and not reflecting of the city's diversity). How about Sugar Quay Park, Sherbourne Quay Park? Sherbourne Bayfront Park? Lower Sherbourne Park? Sunken Concrete Barrel Park?

I actually like the name Kanadario park. The other names just sound awful and are generic like Merchant's Wharf park? Are they kidding? This aint San Francisco and there isn't a wharf there now and certainly no merchants, so why name it like that. Kanadario sounds unique and has not been copied by anyone.

I don't like names the refer to families that no one has ever heard of, nor names that use obvious street names or generic locations like Waterside Park (all the waterfront parks are waterside, bleh)

Considering you mistook the name of the new condo south of the St. Lawrence Market for one of the considered names for the park, you may have proved your point.

Haha, good catch UrbanVigor. I didn't even notice I typed "Market' instead of "Merchant"... pretty easy to confuse, though, and I guess it does kinda prove my point. I stand by my dislike of all wharfy parks :)

From today. Those trees are looking mighty fine.

4661223161_ba809b0225_b.jpg

I actually like Market Wharf Park as a name. Kanadario is ok too. Sherbourne Commons is fine too.

Kanadario is the best bet.
Though it could have been called "Kanadaronto" instead.
Merge the name Kanadario with Tkaronto.

if it gets a name which people can't associate with it, then the name will never catch on.

only Blue Edge and Sherbourne Commons meet this requirement

I would rather just call it Sherbourne Park, or waterfall park

if it gets a name which people can't associate with it, then the name will never catch on.

only Blue Edge and Sherbourne Commons meet this requirement

I would rather just call it Sherbourne Park, or waterfall park

Completely agree. With some of these names they might as well just call it Rhubarb Park or Random Anywhere Place. I like the waterfall idea but I would make it even more specific and call it "Concrete Waterfall Park".

I thought there was a campaign to name it for Paul Quarrington; must've fizzled out...

I would have preferred something with a corporate endorsement: maybe Porter Airlines Park. Perhaps Beyond Petroleum Park. GlaxoSmithKline Park? Monsanto Park? There's a lot of possibilities here.

Now there's some thinkin'!

And once they build a lot next to it, I'd be able to leave my car at the Parc Impark Park Impark.

Back