Is it true that Sherway has set aside a plot of land for a potential station if a subway extension materialises?

yes, because it's required by the city. the subway extension is partially planned, including the route of the subway tunnel.

yes, because it's required by the city. the subway extension is partially planned, including the route of the subway tunnel.
It is?

The city doesnt even know what alignment said extension would take, the only thing that's known for sure is the plot of land any Sherway station would be located at. No one knows if the subway will be extended to Sherway, or along Dundas into Mississauga, or like I said earlier up north to Wet N' Wild.

I mean if you really want to be technical, sure the alignment of the potential Sherway station is known, everything else is just a guess at this point.

It is?

The city doesnt even know what alignment said extension would take, the only thing that's known for sure is the plot of land any Sherway station would be located at. No one knows if the subway will be extended to Sherway, or along Dundas into Mississauga, or like I said earlier up north to Wet N' Wild.

I mean if you really want to be technical, sure the alignment of the potential Sherway station is known, everything else is just a guess at this point.
No, as I have mentioned before in the Sherway Mall thread, there is a protected alignment for the subway extension, if it's ever built. Anyone planning buildings in the area has to stay clear of the alignment.

This is from the general Rapid Transit Expansion Study of 2002. I know there's an older, more precise document out there, just can't find it at the moment.

RapidTransitExpansionStudy2002BDWjpg..jpg

Last edited:
Based on the TTCs love of malls I’ll assume this will happen. Plus a majority of the growth in the suburbs will take place on malls and its surrounding plazas lands.

I'm sure the city will wait another 30 years until the Queensway has exploded with the new developments that are coming down the pipeline before they'll consider an LRT.
Used to be that Toronto would be constructing streetcar tracks BEFORE the development went in.

20121112-danforth-east-pape-1913-s0372_ss0020_it0008.jpg

Danforth looking east from Pape, 1913

20121112-danforth-west-woodbine-1915-f1231_it1477.jpg

Danforth looking west from Woodbine, 1915

From link.

I believe an EA for the extension was completed in 1994(?) from what I remember that determined the specific alignment, dating from the Network 2011 days that resulted in the Sheppard Subway and half-built Eglinton subway.

Obviously it ever happens that will need to be revised.

I believe an EA for the extension was completed in 1994(?) from what I remember that determined the specific alignment, dating from the Network 2011 days that resulted in the Sheppard Subway and half-built Eglinton subway.

Obviously it ever happens that will need to be revised.
I've found something current - this BDP Quadrangle plan is the P3 level for 1750 The Queensway, soon to come to market. P2 is the same; shallower P1 is not required to truncate the corner for the underground subway ROW.

BloorDanforthWestAlignment.jpg

So sure, another EA would have to be undertaken… but the City would want it based on this alignment.

Last edited:
No, as I have mentioned before in the Sherway Mall thread, there is a protected alignment for the subway extension, if it's ever built. Anyone planning buildings in the area has to stay clear of the alignment.

This is from the general Rapid Transit Expansion Study of 2002. I know there's an older, more precise document out there, just can't find it at the moment.

View attachment 362464

I've found something current - this BDP Quadrangle plan is the P3 level for 1750 The Queensway, soon to come to market. P2 is the same; shallower P1 is not required to truncate the corner for the underground subway ROW.

View attachment 362484

So sure, another EA would have to be undertaken… but the City would want it based on this alignment.

EA's always take various alignments into consideration, and that last one is so ancient that it can easily be determined that it's not feasible anymore and certain aspects of the route will have to be adjusted. My point is, the alignment closer the Sherway may be a more sure thing, but the rest of the route is really less of a for sure thing.

Mississauga can easily start meddling and start whining for the subway to be extended more along Dundas, and we've seen in the past what political meddling has done to subways (most recent example Scarborough, and before that Vaughan). However, it's good to see there's protection in place based off the old EA regardless, it's better than nothing.

EA's always take various alignments into consideration, and that last one is so ancient that it can easily be determined that it's not feasible anymore and certain aspects of the route will have to be adjusted. My point is, the alignment closer the Sherway may be a more sure thing, but the rest of the route is really less of a for sure thing.

Mississauga can easily start meddling and start whining for the subway to be extended more along Dundas, and we've seen in the past what political meddling has done to subways (most recent example Scarborough, and before that Vaughan). However, it's good to see there's protection in place based off the old EA regardless, it's better than nothing.
As someone from Mississauga I’d say I think a lot would be happy with any way the subway gets extended west. Any step closer to Hurontario is a good thing.

Don't forget that Michael Ford (Ward 1) and Doug Holyday (Ward 3) have reputations of being anti-transit & anti-pedestrian and pro-automobile.

Guess who doesn't like CafeTO?
Based on their family history, I would expect Michael to be pro-subway. Actually surprised he is not pushing for a subway to Sherway.

At least he asked for a Finch extension to Woodbine to be looked into.

This application, which was showing 'under review', has mysterious disappeared from the AIC........

🧐

am I on crack or is it still there? there's a zoning by-law adjustment and sub division approval there when I click the link

I am going to assume it's the crack

🤪

also the master plan was posted too and is finally available so we can view the pretty pictures

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
am I on crack or is it still there? there's a zoning by-law adjustment and sub division approval there when I click the link

I am going to assume it's the crack

🤪

LOL, no, you are not on Crack, so far as I know..........when you follow the link from this thread, it is still there.

Here's what I was seeing, when I go into the AIC:

1637952314919.png

PS: Dopey, thanks for the heads up............content en masse, incoming!

No pins in the area.

Based on my standard search for Planning Apps from the last 30 days!

Hmmm

Back