LOL, no, you are not on Crack, so far as I know..........when you follow the link from this thread, it is still there.

Here's what I was seeing, when I go into the AIC:

View attachment 365590

PS: Dopey, thanks for the heads up............content en masse, incoming!

No pins in the area.

Based on my standard search for Planning Apps from the last 30 days!

Hmmm

it's because there was the original OPA in 2019 so while there's new stuff, that old OPA kind of makes the development proposal over 2 years old now

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1637952529038.png

1637952554498.png

1637952586772.png

1637952627961.png

1637952654874.png

1637952681119.png

1637952695500.png

1637952715648.png

1637952806781.png

1637952834729.png

1637952883802.png

1637952912841.png

More to come.........

I'm guessing it would be too much disruption for their tenants, but I wonder why the large mall intensification plans don't envisage shrinking the mall's footprint.

I'm surprised the Toys "R" Us off of Evans Ave. is still standing. Does Sherway's owner, own that piece of land as well?

We've very early in this plan, but overall I think it's pretty decent. The one part that sticks out like a sore thumb is this (cicled in red, the tower attached to the hip to the mall):

1638053794299.png

Frankly I think it's really silly to plop a tower right next to the mall, and it just looks outright stupid to be honest. That space could easily be used as, for instance: a large outdoor patio space, a community/mall plaza style hub, protect for future mall expansion space, etc..

We've very early in this plan, but overall I think it's pretty decent. The one part that sticks out like a sore thumb is this (cicled in red, the tower attached to the hip to the mall):

View attachment 365752

Frankly I think it's really silly to plop a tower right next to the mall, and it just looks outright stupid to be honest. That space could easily be used as, for instance: a large outdoor patio space, a community/mall plaza style hub, protect for future mall expansion space, etc..
I am sure there will be a lot of buyers desiring the little thing like a mall literarily forming a podium of their own condo bldg :)

I think the more integrated the towers (especially office towers), the better.
Otherwise, it's just a typical suburban mall surrounded by towers.
Imagine Toronto Eaton Centre if the office towers sat across plazas from the mall.
Hopefully that one tower is an office tower.

Phase one development will look real beautiful in sight coming into Toronto. Especially the two towers on the right side that have that collapsed zagged floors look. Will greatfully compliment the mall area of the (Sherway Gardens) name. As seen in the photos up above. PS it would be great to see FutureModelTo create a photo of this mall area when time is available thanks!

Phase one development will look real beautiful in sight coming into Toronto.

It will practically look like an endless Blade Runner line of highrises continuing all the way to MCC when looking west from the CN Tower through Humber Bay Shores, this project, and the Dixie Value Mall redevelopment

No, as I have mentioned before in the Sherway Mall thread, there is a protected alignment for the subway extension, if it's ever built. Anyone planning buildings in the area has to stay clear of the alignment.

This is from the general Rapid Transit Expansion Study of 2002. I know there's an older, more precise document out there, just can't find it at the moment.

View attachment 362464

Question on this prospective alignment: An East Mall station is smack dab in the middle of a heavily industrial area. Metro is currently constructing new DC's on both sides of the 427. Once completed do they sell off the land adjacent to Honeydale where the old DC and Food Basics currently stand? In my view, you need residential development in very close proximity to justify an East Mall station. It would be quite a ways south of Dundas and the Cloverdale redevelopment.

Back