I saw this sign on Saturday.

From what I gather it will be 7 Stories and approximately 230 unts, to be built by Aragon. They did the townhouses north of Colgate along Logan Ave and Natalie Place.

Last edited:
This is the type of crap you'd expect to see marketed in the 80-90's, or somewhere in the boroughs/burbs. Yeah hopefully it's a bad rendering or print job. I don't understand the puke coloured brick/whatever cladding, they could have at least attempted black or red brick. If it is supposed to look like this, then this is probably the first project in the greater downtown urban area since "Star of Downtown" that I hope fails.

showcase.jpg

I'm hoping that a lot of people show up at the community consultation meeting and voice their disgust at this design to the developers. We want/need the density, however we shouldn't sacrifice a large size lot for crap. We already have enough of it, we can afford to be specific.

Is that rendering for real?

I think it might be, but if you know the site, it would not really make sense with how the site is laid out. If I'm not mistaken, that angle is supposed to be looking at it from the east side of Carlaw just south of Colgate avenue. There is nothing on the south side of Colgate at the moment and I don't think there is an application yet to develop the site.

If you look behind the building on the right side, there is clear sky. There should be a large factory present.

I really dislike this building the more I look at it.

It looks like where you got this from was a direct scan from the broker invite that I have for the VIP event on the 11th. If the sales centre is any indication of the colour scheme (pretty sure it's a good indicator). The square panels are a slate grey and the brick is a beige colour. I think they're trying to play off of the reclaimed brick they'll be using in the units. The sales centre looks great.

This image looks terrible...not a good example of what will actually be built. I'll post a pic of the sales centre tomorrow so you can see the exact colours they're going to use on the exterior. Stay tuned.

This is the type of crap you'd expect to see marketed in the 80-90's, or somewhere in the boroughs/burbs. Yeah hopefully it's a bad rendering or print job. I don't understand the puke coloured brick/whatever cladding, they could have at least attempted black or red brick. If it is supposed to look like this, then this is probably the first project in the greater downtown urban area since "Star of Downtown" that I hope fails.

showcase.jpg

VIP Invite? That doesn't seem to reflect the gritty, hard nosed neighbourhood very well.

VIP Invite? That doesn't seem to reflect the gritty, hard nosed neighbourhood very well.

What does that mean? I live there, it's all well to to Pinko types. I just looked in the sales office tonight and they have a model that looks as bad as the render posted by Travis. I hope this thing fails. I wish Brad Lamb had his hands on this property, not some suburban Vancouver company.

Metro daily and the Carroll street TTC shelter both had Showcase ads this morning, and the colour scheme has remained in both. So... they don't really want to sell these condos? Or there's a hidden audience for puke yellow, small balconies, and overbuilt crap?

IIRC, the guys who did the nice but suburban towns on Nathalie Place got shot down because their plans for this site were for too tall a condo -- 8 stories maybe? So this looks to be pretty much the same size - what's changed? Different developer, or relaxed sizing requirement due to the advent of Flatiron, Work, and Printing Factory?

I'm hoping that a lot of people show up at the community consultation meeting and voice their disgust at this design to the developers. We want/need the density, however we shouldn't sacrifice a large size lot for crap. We already have enough of it, we can afford to be specific.

Do you know when the community consult on this project is? I live a block away and haven't seen or heard anything about it.

I went for a walk today and took some shots of the ugly construction presale office.

Attachments

• may 26 012.jpg
    may 26 012.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 712
  • may 26 013.jpg
    may 26 013.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 714
  • may 26 011.jpg
    may 26 011.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 716
  • may 26 010.jpg
    may 26 010.jpg