Well, no one who bought here will ever live here. There will be no pride of place - just investorboxes to rent out to students.
One of my friends bought here to live in! Hope the interiors and build quality are better than the exterior materials.

I actually think the balconies could have saved it, if they were opaque/coloured. The shape is at least interesting, but it's lost with the
transparent glass.

IMG_3519.jpg

It's a little bit not as bad depending on how the lighting hits it. But overall definitely shaping up to be a building of missed opportunity. Could have been a lot better if the balconies were more pronounced.

I had always wished for a 150-160m building for this area and i was excited when this project was announced. but now looking at the way its turning out, why did i wish for it. 😢

It's a little bit not as bad depending on how the lighting hits it. But overall definitely shaping up to be a building of missed opportunity. Could have been a lot better if the balconies were more pronounced.
I noticed today that the balconies look entirely clear from Yonge-Dundas Square, which is... not great. None of the pattern appears, just ugly spandrel. 252 Church can't come soon enough to block the view of this thing.

Does anyone know why the balconies don't come down all the way on the East side? It's the only side like that. Looks really odd.
I also hope they paint the undersides of the balconies.

There is one advantage to clear glass on balconies When I sit on my balcony, I appreciate the clear glass. It means I can look down through the glass and don’t have to stand up to see objects or happenings on, for example, the street.

There is one advantage to clear glass on balconies When I sit on my balcony, I appreciate the clear glass. It means I can look down through the glass and don’t have to stand up to see objects or happenings on, for example, the street.

That's a positive or negative depending on who you ask. Personally, I want my balcony to be a proper full sized room outside. I don't like spending time on balconies with glass sides. I feel like I'm hanging off the side of a building and you can't attach flower boxes to them. I never would have bought in my building if the balconies had glass sides.

How can the architects responsible for this horrible building, stand on the street and look up at the building and think "good job. This turned out fine"?

An architect with even half an ounce of integrity would be ashamed.

How can the architects responsible for this horrible building, stand on the street and look up at the building and think "good job. This turned out fine"?

An architect with even half an ounce of integrity would be ashamed.
The problem here is Pemberton, who really could not give a hot damn what their project looks like clearly. This is literally picking from bargain basement materials and slapping it on.

The fact that they went with a zig-zagged floor design and then cheaped out with horrid cladding is just mystifying.

Back