...kinda takes the wind out of any position that the dynamic balcony helps obscure how awful this building is turning out to be from that angle. I almost feel almost sorry for anyone having look at it from their skyline views for the ages. /sigh

October 12, 2022:

IMG_6122.jpeg
IMG_6123.jpeg
IMG_6124.jpeg

Podium does look nice, making this the most frustrating project of all time. I love the design of the balconies in those upward facing shots, like honestly some of the best designed in the city, and there are a lot of balconies. But the cladding is such a disaster, and the opacity of the balcony glass just rubs salt in the wound, and dumps a bunch on your lunch for good measure. If they’d made two or three wiser choices on exterior finishes, which I can’t imagine would have cost much more, I’m not asking for marble, this project could have been an 8/10. Instead we get a 3/10, maybe 2/10 from far away. The nice looking podium is borderline infuritaing at this point, like “oh, so you DO know what materials are pleasing to the human eye”.

The kinks in the balconies look great up close, but are too subtle to be noticeable from a distance (even a block away). Instead of emphasizing them with clever balcony glazing, someone thought: "there's a law against kinky balconies, let's hide them with clear glazing."

balcony guards need to be more opaque - should have gone with white perforated metal.

Window wall system is also too light, with not enough contrast from the balconies so everything kind of muddles together from a distance.
And you are being too polite, I would argue. >.<

Back