CIMG7217.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 867
  • CIMG7218.jpg
    CIMG7218.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 861
  • CIMG7219.jpg
    CIMG7219.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 859
This building is a beauty. It's going to bring a lot of visitors into the area as well. I can see more restaurants and better stores popping up in the area over the next few year years.

look at all that valuable real estate. it's a shame we can't just build over the tracks like in NYC.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Oxford Place proposed building over the rails, and there have been other proposals suggesting the same thing in the past. That said I'd like to see someone dream up a linear park over top the rails, running uninterrupted through the core.

look at all that valuable real estate. it's a shame we can't just build over the tracks like in NYC.

view from the CN tower is never that great due to this.

I would do anything to have the rail covered and the Gardiner removed.

The views from the CN Tower aren't that great because you can see the rail corridor? It offers undisturbed 360 degree views for miles.

The views from the CN Tower aren't that great because you can see the rail corridor? It offers undisturbed 360 degree views for miles.

what's to see beyond Bloor st, Church st and Spadina ave? it is just a huge flat land with low rise houses, just like what you will see in Dallas.
South view of the Toronto Island is nice.

Unobstructed view isn't necessarily that great. Most condo dwellers in Mississsauga and Scarborough have unobstructed view too. I have been up to the Cn tower several times and all I can say is the view is underwhelming (compared with Hancock tower or Rockfeller centre for example).

Go up to the top of some other buildings in the city for some truly spectacular views: Panorama At the Manulife centre or The Roof Lounge at the Park Hyatt, amongst others. The CN Tower may be a bit too high and removed from the city at that level. Although the CN Tower is one of my favorite structures, there are other vistas to be seen.

Back