I was surprised with the choice of architects for this.
I was hoping Citizen would choose a more established and progressive firm based on their past and current developments which stood out design-wise.

From the Architecture Unfolded website. I have halved the dimensions of each image to make them easier to look at.

I like the design quite a bit myself. I just hope that if and when it gets built, it ends up looking reasonably close to the images.

view-from-east-600_zpsh9iicinn.jpg

view-from-south600_zps1t5j5nrp.jpg

view-from-west600_zpschgemtbo.jpg

I like it a lot.
Clean and simple, and the gradation of light to dark as well as solid to transparent is a very nice and effective concept. I hope this part of the design survives and doesn't get watered down.
The straightforward use of balconies especially the recessed balconies is well appreciated here.

So I'm a bit confused about where this is exactly--is that the empty lot on the s/w corner of Adelaide and Charlotte?

This is a decent understated design, which will really need decent materials to be properly pulled off. The architect's building at Keele and Wilson turned out terrible but maybe with a different developer and budget, they can pull off something substantially better.

The renderings represent a plan that is still purely conceptual at this point.

46 CHARLOTTE ST
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for site plan approval for a 46 storey mixed use building with 5 storey office podium with a retail/service unit on the ground floor and 248 rental residential units on the remaining 46 storeys
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 16 167253 STE 20 SA Jun 3, 2016 Under Review
Rezoning 16 167239 STE 20 OZ Jun 3, 2016 Under Review

upload_2016-6-4_2-11-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-4_2-11-7.png
    upload_2016-6-4_2-11-7.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,031
This was the one that had images leaked and went from white to black? Wish those images were still around, I remember thinking it was very elegant.

Back