Purchasers were recently notified by phone(!) that the development has been officially cancelled.

No surprise here. Langston Hall 2 is probably still-born given the difficulties they have been experiencing.

Last edited:
Word on the street is that Rhed's dead baby, Rhed's dead.

tumblr_m0s8gfkQQE1qk0mloo1_500.jpg

Langston Hall is indeed dead and all of the purchasers finally received their deposits back.
Purchasers had their money tied up here as far back as 2008. Unfortunately the Tarion compensation for the delay covers only $7,500 and there is nothing else they can do.

A representative from Rhed said that the property will be redesigned into high-end luxury rental apartments. Given their dismal track record, incompetence, lack of experience, it's unlikely that is going to happen and this is pure hot air just like the many empty claims they have made before. The property will most likely be sold off to another developer just like their Langston Hall 2 site on Peter Street.

There was never a letter from the developer about the cancellation nor any apologies or explanation. There are a lot of pissed off people due to this and I'm sure Fortress Capital is fuming as they have their funds tied up in three of their developments with nothing to show for.

For a development named after a human rights activist and being a development touted to be socially responsible, this is totally hypocritical and highly disappointing.

No surprise. I guess we'll see something generic here now. What a shame. But that does not imply tacit *support* for rhed et. al.

What a bunch of chancers...

I actually heard Rock Advisors were working on the site, and from the smaller size of the site I wouldn't be surprised if it went to purpose built rental.

I know a number of their properties have gone under default - so I would assume they will be sold off if first mortgagor's haven't already begun to investigate other uses.
Fortress Developments can't be too happy or their clients.

Langston Hall is indeed dead and all of the purchasers finally received their deposits back.
Purchasers had their money tied up here as far back as 2008. Unfortunately the Tarion compensation for the delay covers only $7,500 and there is nothing else they can do.

A representative from Rhed said that the property will be redesigned into high-end luxury rental apartments. Given their dismal track record, incompetence, lack of experience, it's unlikely that is going to happen and this is pure hot air just like the many empty claims they have made before. The property will most likely be sold off to another developer just like their Langston Hall 2 site on Peter Street.

There was never a letter from the developer about the cancellation nor any apologies or explanation. There are a lot of pissed off people due to this and I'm sure Fortress Capital is fuming as they have their funds tied up in three of their developments with nothing to show for.

For a development named after a human rights activist and being a development touted to be socially responsible, this is totally hypocritical and highly disappointing.

I always wanted to live in that floating sales centre. Used to live right around the corner.

Correcting the spelling of Charlotte Street is an even more pressing reason to update the thread title.

Buzz Buzz is reporting that Fortress is partnering with Cityzen for a 32s condo on this site.

2015_04_10_04_24_31_charlotteadelaidetower_rendering.jpg

Link.

Attachments

• 2015_04_10_04_24_31_charlotteadelaidetower_rendering.jpg
    2015_04_10_04_24_31_charlotteadelaidetower_rendering.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 871
http://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/charlotte-adelaide-tower/

"The Charlotte Adelaide Tower is a proposed 32-storey residential condominium building by Cityzen Development Group in the heart of the King West corridor at the southwest corner of Charlotte and Adelaide Streets. Designed by Architecture Unfolded, the tower is planned for 215, one and two bedroom units. The average suite size proposed is 600 sf.

Look for future releases on this development, follow http://cityzen.typepad.com "

I believe Fortress was inspired by dreamer hall ... However this morning I asked Ben Myers to consider getting DSAI on board as design architect, since their office is across the street. Surely they've pondered wtf to put on this site for years?!

Be a good Cityzen and hire those conservative modernist nimbies across the street! Yellow brick and glass warehouse aesthetic with a balcony tower above?

Back