BobBob

Member Bio
Reaction score
The sales centre being constructed on the parking lot at this corner is apparently for a condo to be built at the same location. Some details:

- Small, intimate building, 8 storeys
- Only 36 units, so about 4 per floor
- Cheapest is around 900 sqft for $472K

Will post more as details become available.

Yeah, this is a different parking lot now looking at a brighter future...

It's interesting that it's a small-scale project where the smallest units are fairly large (900+ sqft). Quite atypical for the area and quite needed.

Actually Glas is moving along pretty quickly. Since the floorplate is so large they complete one side of it before moving to complete the other. I'd say they've been able to add about a floor every 2 weeks. There are lots of guy on site as well. Also notice a concrete smoother guy working away many nights of the week on the floor slabs.

RE Glas:

I went by the site and I must say that if this little jewel box is built as promised.... it is a somewhat wasted opportunity (except for residents who will need every slice of light they can get). It will be completely boxed in by other projects and quite invisible to the rest of us citydwellers.

I hope Glas turns out well. The renderings left a LOT to the imagination.

I Charlotte might turn into a neat little street given all of this density. There's that Charlotte pool bar, a Timothy's (yuck), and that's about it. An Autogrill restaurant abandoned the north east corner at Adelaide last year and the space still appears to be vacant.

Aerial view and a couple of photos ..

Adelaide_Charlotte.jpg

Adelaide_Charlotte1.jpg

Adelaide_Charlotte2.jpg

I'm surprised their are only going for 8 floors here considering the height of the building to the south. I would have thought they would at least match it.

Scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh.

That's the sound you'll hear on that corner everytime a streetcar turns. Ugh. Even triple glazing won't help here.

Cabeman, that google photo demonstrates just how much density the area could still handle: 3 more condo sites (about 500 units) on those parking lots!

The streetcar noise isn't so bad from indoors, actually. They flood the rails with water from spring to autumn, which helps, I guess. Being behind even double pane glass really dulls the screeching. I don't notice it at all if the air conditioning or fridge compressor are running, and I'm only a few stories above street level. On that corner, though, they'll hear it about 10 times more often than I do.

I think they'll be more annoyed by shouting yahoos on the streets at 3am from Thursday to Saturday.

Back