Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a new urban forest park is being built across the street from Sheridan College. Don't know if it is going to be permanent or not but it can make for a nice oasis once north of Rathburn is built up.
DJI_0913.JPG
DJI_0914.JPG
DJI_0912.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0913.JPG
    DJI_0913.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 14,346
  • DJI_0914.JPG
    DJI_0914.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 11,154
  • DJI_0912.JPG
    DJI_0912.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 11,042
I didn't see a thread for this yet. I found a new rezoning and site plan application for 4220 Living Arts Drive. It'll be a 44s condo tower and a 34s apartment tower. The developer is Daniels. Site is currently a patch of forested land.

HbjqhqNl.png

9R4vrbqh.jpg

Seems like such a large site for just two towers. Daniels has the site directly south of Limelight, so makes sense that this dev app is for that one. Doesn’t OMERS own the forested site still? Or did they sell it to Daniels?

Seems like such a large site for just two towers. Daniels has the site directly south of Limelight, so makes sense that this dev app is for that one. Doesn’t OMERS own the forested site still? Or did they sell it to Daniels?
Likely isn't the entire block.

It's pretty likely only a chunk of the block. My guess is a third of it for this development, given that Daniels developments are quite small in footprint. Hopefully whatever else they have planned for MCC is getting bigger, the other projects in MCC nearby are getting much taller very quickly.

It's pretty likely only a chunk of the block. My guess is a third of it for this development, given that Daniels developments are quite small in footprint. Hopefully whatever else they have planned for MCC is getting bigger, the other projects in MCC nearby are getting much taller very quickly.
Mississauga's unlimited height and density provisions in the downtown are creating a bit of a skyscraper nerd's paradise.. The only thing limiting developers on their density is the ability to provide parking at Mississauga's very high rates.

Mississauga's unlimited height and density provisions in the downtown are creating a bit of a skyscraper nerd's paradise.. The only thing limiting developers on their density is the ability to provide parking at Mississauga's very high rates.

Yup, who would have thought it for Mississauga? But yes, parking is the current limiting factor. Hopefully the LRT changes that in a few years. The subway extension to Vaughan has already done wonders for them, hope our LRT does similar for us.

The Thread title should be changed...

This is actually not going to be a park but rather phase 1 of a bigger project between Oxford (owners of SQ1) and Daniels.
From my contact at City Hall: "Daniels/Oxford project at the southeast corner of Confederation Parkway and Rathburn Road (see below) under SP 19-31 W4." Phase 1 is going to be a 34s rental and a 44s condo.
image002.png
thumbnail_image003.png
P1120630.JPG
DJI_0256.JPG

Last edited:
The Thread title should be changed...

This is actually not going to be a park but rather phase 1 of a bigger project between Oxford (owners of SQ1) and Daniels.
From my contact at City Hall: "Daniels/Oxford project at the southeast corner of Confederation Parkway and Rathburn Road (see below) under SP 19-31 W4." Phase 1 is going to be a 34s rental and a 44s condo.
View attachment 200809View attachment 200810View attachment 200811View attachment 200812

Sad that those trees will be cut down, but I'm happy to see more rental coming to MCC.

Back