Thanks for the link. So the city gets their public roads through that quadrant of the parking lot now, in exchange for all sorts of zoning variances to OMERS? Doesn't seem like a particularly bad deal, considering mall expansion was inevitable...

Thanks for the link. So the city gets their public roads through that quadrant of the parking lot now, in exchange for all sorts of zoning variances to OMERS? Doesn't seem like a particularly bad deal, considering mall expansion was inevitable...

I agree! And Main Street looks like it could become quite a quaint little street once fully developed. It has the right ROW width to make it feel more urban than most of the streets running through City Centre.

The small park in front of the entrance is a nice touch as well...looks similar to what they are doing on the north side expansion.

Frankly, there's a market for just about anything in a mall like Square One, that doesn't justify having a store there. Wal-Mart could easily open a store in the nearby vicinity that would be better organized and have more parking than what's currently available. Plus, image is everything in the retail business and I suspect major concessions were made regarding Wallymart prior to Holt's and Simons agreeing to lease there. Fact is the space belongs to Square one (actually Oxford) and they can do as they see fit with it, be damned what the tenant thinks.

The Toys Toys Toys store at Sq1 wasn't offered an extension on their lease as SQ1 wanted them out. I assume that a similar fate will happen to Wal-mart when their lease is up.

If the mall continues expanding in this way, I'll forgive it for existing. It meets the street nicely, offers public space (the park) and the retail can be directly accessed from the street. It will compliment the main street district quite nicely.

Mods: I think we need to split this thread now.

Holt Renfrew Square One Expansion Phase II (MCC, Oxford Properties Group, Janson Goldstein)[h=2][/h]

Dec 16
Passing through the mall tonight, a lot more floor tiles are in place, but will be spring before both floors are completed.

Add steel for the skylight that will be the ground floor for the north expansion.

The new counter showing the number of parking space open is well off the mark for the west side by a mile. Call for 15 open spaces, but all were full with a few cars park not where they should be in the first place.

The new washroom in the food court well better than I have seen to date for my first visit.

Melanie Lyne is now open in the area that was the old corridor was as well one of the other store. Looks like they are going to add another store between it and part of Larua or replacing most of the front to remove the diagonal cut for that corridor.
11412923234_d412e1a1b0_b.jpg

11413039423_b8fe88229a_b.jpg

11412911426_a042b6f25c_b.jpg

11412928194_0872f92226_b.jpg

11412931735_81c946e362_b.jpg

11412975135_80b3cfe2a0_b.jpg

I'm guessing Laura is renovating, because the leasing plan shows Melanie Lyne directly beside Laura. If I had to guess, I would say Laura is consolidating their two stores (Laura/Laura Petites and Laura Plus) into one location. At least, that's what I'd do. They're just down the hall from each other after all.

I'm guessing Laura is renovating, because the leasing plan shows Melanie Lyne directly beside Laura. If I had to guess, I would say Laura is consolidating their two stores (Laura/Laura Petites and Laura Plus) into one location. At least, that's what I'd do. They're just down the hall from each other after all.

Had a look inside a few days ago and replacing the front jog to a straight one.

Feb 11
Precast panels have gone up on the east side with the north side being next.

More furniture being added to the corridors.

MS has open their new store on Feb 8.

Next week all the doors on the south side should be closed off to the parking lot so construction can start on that side. Only will be able to access the mall on the south side either by the Bay or off Duke of York.

I have not seen any plans for the parking lot, but I get a feeling a parking deck is going to be built in the south west corner and if so, more garbage for the area. Haven't see or heard anything for one from any of the committees or councils.

Still a large area of tiling still to be done.

More photos up on site.
12471817393_5d213215c5_b.jpg

12472162814_d31a1d6b04_b.jpg

12471902443_f15f6cbe98_b.jpg

12471695385_95115dbb05_b.jpg

12472267744_222d846c98_b.jpg

12471793425_39b4108468_b.jpg

12471940203_09b7fd8f0c_b.jpg

12471806905_88a5597020_b.jpg

Back