Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 1.24.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 1.28.31 PM.png

• Introduction of a 3-storey cultural pavilion at the northwest corner of the site framing Heath and Yonge Streets and the entry-way into the interior courtyard
  • Introduction of a new public library within the first two floors of a new 9-storey mid-rise building at the northeast corner of the site, framing Heath Street and the entry way into the interior courtyard.
  • Shifting of the Alvin Avenue tower to the south by 25.1 metres and to the east by 4.8 metres
  • Shifting of the southernmost tower along Yonge Street to the west by 7.1metres and to the north by 2.6 metres in order to maintain a minimum 25 metre separation distance from the Alvin Avenue tower
  • Introduction of a new 9-storey mid-rise building to the north of the Alvin Avenue tower, stepping down to a 2-storey height at the north end adjacent Heath Street.
  • Increased width and height of the three pedestrian passageways leading into the interior courtyard from Yonge Street and Alvin Avenue
  • Revised the southernmost passageway along Yonge Street to be opened to the sky, providing two distinct building forms along the Yonge Street frontage, with a narrow pedestrian bridge connection on the second floor between the two towers.
  • Total gross floor area has increased from 139,272 square metres to 141,607 square metres
  • Total residential gross floor area has increased from 111,560 square metres to 116,644 square metres
  • Total non-residential gross floor area has decreased from 27,712 square metres to 24,963 square metres
  • Total number of residential units has slightly increased from 1,357 units to 1,372 units

I like the previous version with the cream wave looking balconies ! This is nice but I can see these buildings getting a height reduction and more simplified . By the time this gets passed !

I can unfortunately see this being value-engineered such that the podium will look nothing like the rendering (6 story curved glass? not. going. to. happen.).

But I love the colour palette and the apparent choice of materials. The towers designs (great textures, great articulation) look fantastic too.

I don't understand the cultural pavilion.
Without reading all the documentation, it looks like an office tower lobby from the financial district. But not really connected to anything? I can't tell whether in the most recent iteration the pavilion is meant to act as an entrance to the second story shopping, or whether it's meant to be fully separate. Can anyone enlighten me? How will it be used day-to-day? Will they just end up putting a restaurant in it? And who controls the programming?
It just seems like a half-baked idea.
(conspiracy theory: it's half-baked on purpose so council can "fix" it, essentially distracting them with a bike-shedding exercise)

The library, on the other hand, is obvious. Maybe the city will stick a new TCHC building where the current Deer Park branch is.

Development engagement website:

I wonder if in the future City Planning changes its attitude on squabbling with developers on heights and density of proposed tall buildings, ..
or nothing will change? hopefully we'll not see 2-3 year wait and 75% of all new proposed projects going back to the LPAT

Some gradual traction in the works. LURA Consulting, who are working with Wittington on the community engagement aspect, have sent an email inviting people who've registered for more info on this project to submit their "travel back in time" historical photos of St. Clair & Yonge.

They also have a few virtual drop in sessions coming up for the public to get more info as per:

New updated renderings from planning documents posted earlier this month in August:

1598187098780.png

1598187124663.png

1598187142578.png

1598187162798.png

1598187181246.png

1598187196661.png

1598187250807.png

1598187273142.png

1598187294738.png

1598187325533.png

Those look little more "chunkier" despite being topped and tailed for height...

However, I am glad they're still keeping the rounded edge effect. As well as, it seems to compliment One Delisle well if all things are a go as is....potentially making Yonge and St Clair area a much more interesting place to look at and/or be in than it currently is.

This looks like a fantastic project. Can't wait to hear how much the existing residents will hate it.

Wittington are doing everything possible to inform locals and the general public of this project. So folks with the "why was I never notified?!?!?!" argument will have no excuse. Anyways, I'll get some popcorn ready just in case.

If anyone was looking for it..............I found the new Deer Park Library Branch:

Introduction of a new public library within the first two floors of a new 9-
storey mid-rise building at the northeast corner of the site, framing Heath
Street and the entry way into the interior courtyard

***;

The library will occupy approximately
364 square metres of gross floor area at grade and 1,597 square metres of gross
floor area on the second floor. The entrance is located along the west façade,
enclosing the entry-way into the internal courtyard together with the new cultural
pavilion. Above, the library will occupy the majority of the second floor, with views
to the west, north and east.

A couple of other notes.....

The concourse of the existing office towers to the south of this site will be extended under the new site to provide a new northern presence for St. Clair Subway station and direct access to same from this development.

1772 bicycle parking spots

New traffic-signal protected pedestrian crossings at Yonge/Delisle and at Alvin/St. Clair

Potential realignment of Heath Street to create a non-offset crossing of Yonge.

Green P will maintain a commercial underground parking garage onsite.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking development these buildings definitely belong on the waterfront ! Not some of those cheap looking condos that have the waterfront view now ! But one thing I disagree on the this new rendering is that they shouldn't have two buildings at basically the same height. I like the old height setup better .

Back